West Virginia moves to Big 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Virginia moves to Big 12

ESPN reporting West Virgina is moving to big 12.

The Big 12 welcomed West Virginia from the Big East and bid goodbye to Missouri before the Tigers even had a chance to finalize their move to the Southeastern Conference.
    The Big 12 welcomed West Virginia from the Big East and bid goodbye to Missouri before the Tigers even had a chance to finalize their move to the Southeastern Conference.

I just don't see how the Big East is going to hold on to its BCS standing WITH the schools their looking to add. Plus, what would come first....add the teams and then get to keep your BCS standing or get a confirmation that if you get those schools you'll get to keep the BCS standing? I also don't see most of those schools committing to the Big East with that new exit fee if there's no guarantee of the BCS status.

Best thing for Louisville and Cincinnati is ask hte Big 12 to get back to 12 teams and add them.

Comment

Big 12 starting to look a little like a mid major. If they take Louisville and Cinci how will the maintain city U's should all be in mid majpor conferences(I have heard this comment many times around here "Oh WSU its just a city U")
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Would like to see U of L in the Big XII. Cincy... not so much.
        A little ironic that at one time, both Cincy and U of L were Valley members as well as most of the former Big 8 schools.

Comment

I'm still holding out hope for L-Ville and Boise...

Comment

I think Cincinnati has the second best football record (WV first) since the last Big East realignment. To solidify the Big XII, they need to act while the iron is hot and add 4 teams, Cincinnati, Louisville, Boise, and BYU. Boise would be (IMHO) stupid to go to the Big East if the Big XII came calling. Adding Louisville and Cincinnati would end the Big East as a BCS conference. Also grab BYU before the Pac-12 does.

Comment

If they added Boise, I think I'd actually watch Big XII football.

To be honest, I've never quite understood the mystique of A&M. Nebraska, I get.

I think I might actually like the "new" Big XII better.

Comment

Working...
              X