Beasley lawsuit claims mother's move to K-State paid improperly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beasley lawsuit claims mother's move to K-State paid improperly

Just in time for West Virginia to join the B12. Perfect timing....

Former Kansas State basketball All-American Michael Beasley, in a lawsuit against his former agent, claims that he received improper benefits while he was a member of the DC Assault AAU program and that an unnamed person helped fund his mother's move to Manhattan during his lone season with the Wildcats.
    Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/26/207...#ixzz1bvH3VEoE
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Big surprise.

Comment

Until and unless the unnamed financier of his mother's move can be linked to KSU I'll withhold judgement. It could be this person was just looking to get his foot in the door with Beasley and had no connection to Manhattan.

Comment

Yeah. "Unnamed".

I wonder if Turge knows that old saying about what happens when you lie down with dogs...

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post
          Yeah. "Unnamed".

I wonder if Turge knows that old saying about what happens when you lie down with dogs...
          Is there any school that Bob Huggins touches that doesn't get a "cess pool" reputation? Great hire, Ag State.

Isn't K-State is in a very bad situation? They are NOT Kansas, and the NCAA will NOT be kind to them. If I were them I would prepare to face the wrath of the NCAA -- they are about to get Wichita'd.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Wonder if they have any players who will want to transfer to Shockerville after they get placed on probation. In that scenario, they don't have to sit out.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Until and unless the unnamed financier of his mother's move can be linked to KSU I'll withhold judgement. It could be this person was just looking to get his foot in the door with Beasley and had no connection to Manhattan.
              It gets a bit convoluted, but a lot of this seems to have been running through DC Assault, Beasley's AAU team. It is possible to infer that prospective agents were funneling money to the DC Assault coach, who then took care of and advised players. Wasn't Dalonte Hill the coach for DC Assault at that time?

This looks a lot like the Reggie Bush deal at USC s few years ago. IIRC, USC had to vacate some wins and Bush was declared ineligible to participate in NCAA competition, which was meaningless, since he had been in the NFL 2 years when he was ruled ineligible.

Ozell Jones' falsified HS transcript couldn't be traced to WSU, but WSU still got two years of post-season ban. I guess it doesn't work that way any more.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The part that will be difficult to link would be k-state to wrong doing. However if they can link Delonte (former Mr highest paid assistant in the US) to the financier then its big trouble for k-state.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  The part that will be difficult to link would be k-state to wrong doing. However if they can link Delonte (former Mr highest paid assistant in the US) to the financier then its big trouble for k-state.
                  Check out the link that @Good News: posted. It is much stronger in implicating a tie between Huggins and this fiasco than the first link is. The tie is between Huggins hiring Hill in order to land Beasley. Proving that Huggins knew what Hill was doing is tough, but unnecessary as Hill was a K-State employee as well.

I think K-State is in some deep doo-doo possibly.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yipes, Stripes, Beechnut gum!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post
                      Yeah. "Unnamed".

I found it hilarious that the article included the following quotes:

Michael Beasley recently revealed stunning details about his recruitment to Kansas State and one year-stay at the school.
                      Beasley’s admissions are particularly troubling considering the alleged personal level of complicity by Huggins and Hill in committing what can only be construed as major NCAA violations.
                      About the last thing I'd call these revelations is "stunning."
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

From Beasley’s attorney in court documents dated Sept. 27, 2011:
                        After (former Beasley AAU Coach) Hill had worked for Charlotte a couple of years, on information and belief, Bob Huggins of Kansas State wanted Beasley, so he offered Hill an assistant coaching job at Kansas State with a salary that ended up being in excess of $420,000. Hill took the job, and Beasley went to Kansas State.
                        I am sure none of that $420,000 salary that Delonte Hill received found its way into the hands of Beasley or any other recruit as an inducement to attend KSU. That simply could never happen.

Comment

Remember also that Huggins was a free agent for the year before he signed on with KSU and he was out there wheelin' and dealin' with (at least in his mind) impunity.

Comment

Big Surprise

As I have stated before, in the big scheme of things KSU brought in coaches who could recruit talent to basketball and baseball because the sky was falling on their football program. They eased the tension back in 2007 after that desperate scramble, but now it appears it's coming back to bite them and it's hilarious.

Comment

There is still some separation - I guess you could call it plausible deniability - between Hill/Huggins/KSU and what the DC Assault guys were doing. It's obvious that KSU will end up vacating a bunch of wins during Beasley's one season, but any more than that will require some evidence that someone associated with KSU knew what was going on or did some of the financing.

Comment

Working...
                              X