APR Gradings will affect NCAA tournament this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APR Gradings will affect NCAA tournament this year

NCAA is requiring all schools to have at least 900 in their APR grading to participate in the tournament this year. That means UCONN would have not been in the tournament last year with a 893. This might get ugly and expose the schools that recruit the one and dones!!

Emmert said if approved, one proposal would implement an immediate 900 APR requirement for postseason play, which would include the 2012 NCAA men's basketball tournament.

I am in favor but isn't this just a proposal on which to be voted?
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Missouri State better pray this doesn't go into effect. The last APR for the Bears according to the NCAA site http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp is 896. They were penalized 1 scholarship 2 years ago I believe as well for a low rating. It would be interesting to see what the Valley did if any team were excluded from the tournament in that scenario. Would they be banned from the Conference Tournament? Would they get tournament money? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Comment

It is a proposal that could be voted on as early as this week. I doubt it would happen because how are you going to measure and penalize? Nobody (in the BCS) will stand for previous years calculations affecting current years penalties, much less 3 or 4 years ago.

And anyway, the APR itself is wrought with fraud if KU can score a perfect 1000 for 3 straight seasons. Everyone with a brain knows that is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by htown44 View Post
          NCAA is requiring all schools to have at least 900 in their APR grading to participate in the tournament this year. That means UCONN would have not been in the tournament last year with a 893. This might get ugly and expose the schools that recruit the one and dones!!

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ay-on-friday/1
          A) This proposal has yet to be passed.
          B) Even if passed, it may go into effect for 2012-13, not this year (although this year is not out of the question).
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            It is a proposal that could be voted on as early as this week. I doubt it would happen because how are you going to measure and penalize? Nobody (in the BCS) will stand for previous years calculations affecting current years penalties, much less 3 or 4 years ago.

And anyway, the APR itself is wrought with fraud if KU can score a perfect 1000 for 3 straight seasons. Everyone with a brain knows that is a joke.
            Well they are the FLAGSHIP here in Kansas...just look at the football team. Now that is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If the BCS conferences don't like this it just may be one more reason they would use to pack their bags and start their own league, leaving the NCAA out in the cold. After all, who cares if the athletes in the money-making sports get an education as long as they play and earn big bucks for the universities.

Comment

Working...
              X