No announcement yet.

Bob Knight Health Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given his size, that would take an insane amount of alcohol in a short time to get to 0.21 BAC. Like an entire bottle of liquor in an hour or two.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Damn. That’s 3 coaches who lost their jobs after coaching TP.

Jackhole is quite a career killer.
      Almost makes a guy wish that sumbitch would’ve played a season or two in Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Given his size, that would take an insane amount of alcohol in a short time to get to 0.21 BAC. Like an entire bottle of liquor in an hour or two.
        Ya *hic* itsha bitsch to getter there, but onshe you rreach .2, you can *hic* shet the cruishE control and maintain altitude pretty eashy *hic*
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

With continued apologies to Bob Knight​​​​​…

If you’re bored (Shockernet dead period), you might find this letter from Bob Huggins daughter interesting. She might have been wise to sleep on it a few more days before posting on Twitter. Not to add humor to a sad situation, but some of the comments to her post are entertaining. I’ll let you form your own opinions. Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The moment Huggins' drinking became a problem ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The Huggy saga apparently isn't over.

ESPN - Former coach Bob Huggins says he never resigned at WVU

Weeks after Bob Huggins announced his resignation following a DUI arrest, an attorney for the former West Virginia men's basketball coach claims he never formally resigned last month and said Huggins will sue the university if he's not reinstated.

In response, the university, which announced the hiring of longtime assistant Josh Eilert as interim coach last month, said it will not reinstate Huggins and will defend itself against any "spurious allegations."

Last month, Huggins announced his resignation through a statement that said "recent actions do not represent the values of the University or the leadership expected in this role" after he had been arrested in Pittsburgh for driving under the influence and registering a blood alcohol content of 0.21%, nearly three times the legal limit. The arrest came nearly six weeks after Huggins had used an anti-gay slur during a radio interview that prompted a three-game suspension and a $1 million reduction in salary.

According to documents released by the university Saturday, however, Huggins' legal team sent a letter to Gordon Gee, WVU's president, on Friday that stated Huggins never officially resigned. The letter also said Huggins entered rehab after his arrest last month and intends to return to his post as head coach when he completes the program.

In his letter, which was obtained by ESPN, David A. Campbell, an attorney representing Huggins, said Huggins' resignation correspondence with the school did not come from him but from his wife, June Huggins. Campbell claims Huggins never gave WVU a "formal" resignation.

"Based on press statements, it appears that WVU is taking the position that Coach Huggins voluntarily resigned and terminated the Employment Agreement in advance of April 30, 2024 (the day his current contract was set to expire)," Campbell wrote. "However, although the press statements purport to have resignation communications directly from Coach Huggins to you and/or the Athletic Director, Coach Huggins has never communicated his resignation to you, the Athletic Director, or anyone at WVU. To the contrary, we understand that the purported 'resignation' is incredibly based on a text message from Coach Huggins' wife."
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I hope they live-stream the meeting...

"Now that I have obtained counsel to review the Employment Agreement and have seen WVU comments about my current status, it is clear that WVU did not handle the situation appropriately. More importantly, the basketball program is in need and I have a strong desire to conclude my career as the Head Basketball Coach for the program that I love. I hope to meet with WVU in the near future to resolve the situation."

Bob Huggins Releases a Statement (msn.com)

Comment

A little more with a 'Bob Knight' parallel...

"It’s worth noting that this incident has drawn parallels between Huggins and another legendary basketball coach, Bob Knight. Both have contributed tremendously to the sport, but their recent actions have provoked widespread criticism. Like Knight, Huggins seems to be on a downward spiral where his power appears to be his greatest enabler."

Spotlight with Stupak: What in the World is Going on with Bob Huggins? (msn.com)

Comment

Probably time to hang it up Bob. You ain’t gonna win this one.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Coach Knight has passed away.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                        Coach Knight has passed away.
                        "He often told his assistants that the fun of the job wasn’t in cheating to get recruits, it was beating the teams that cheated to get recruits."

Coaching legend Bob Knight, famous for both victories and outbursts, dies at 83 (yahoo.com)

Comment

RIP to the man responsible for one of the greatest blooper reels of all time.

Comment

Jay Bilas - I liked the Bob Knight I knew who died at age 83 - ESPN
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Sad day. The man was a legend. Never had any rules violations that I'm aware of and had a high graduation rate. He wasn't an easy man, but he was one hell of a coach and got the best from those around him.

ESPN - Legendary basketball coach Bob Knight dies at 83

Bob Knight, whose Hall of Fame career was highlighted by three national titles at Indiana -- one capping an undefeated season not since matched -- and countless on-court outbursts, has died. He was 83.

Knight's family made the announcement Wednesday night. He was hospitalized with an illness in April and had been in poor health for several years.

"It is with heavy hearts that we share that Coach Bob Knight passed away at his home in Bloomington surrounded by his family," the statement said. "We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, and appreciate the continued respect for our privacy as Coach requested a private family gathering, which is being honored."

Knight became the youngest coach at a Division I school in 1965 when he broke in at Army at 24. But he made his mark at Indiana, including winning a school-record 661 games and reaching the NCAA tournament 24 times in 29 seasons. Knight's first NCAA title came in 1976 when Indiana went undefeated, a feat no team has accomplished since.

"One of the things that he said to our 1976 team, which I was fortunate enough to be a part of, was that you may never see another team like this again," Indiana University board of trustees chair Quinn Buckner said in a statement. "Well, I don't know that we will ever see another coach like him again."

Knight won 20 or more games in a season 29 times, compiling a career record of 902-371.
                              Also saw this tweet shared in a group chat that made me smile. Coach Knight on Michael Jordan in the gold medal game against Spain in 1984.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Also called Michael Jordan the best player he's ever seen before Jordan even played in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X