No announcement yet.

Air Force to valley? WTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am making no comment on whether I think adding AFA is a good idea or not, nor am I commenting on any knowledge of the impending event, either way, but I will say this:

Adding The Air Force Academy as a MVC member today, even without football, is about 3 levels above adding Missouri State, Northern Iowa or Evansville at the time they joined the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
      Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      Would you trade the AFA for UE? Or ISUB?
      :yes:
      AFA for EU, Butler for ISUb
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        I am making no comment on whether I think adding AFA is a good idea or not, nor am I commenting on any knowledge of the impending event, either way, but I will say this:

Adding The Air Force Academy as a MVC member today, even without football, is about 3 levels above adding Missouri State, Northern Iowa or Evansville at the time they joined the conference.
        Good point.

They do add some prestige.

I repeat though, that I think the competition in the MVC in non-football isn't that far off from the MWC and in some cases, it is probably better in the MVC.

Comment

I hope that was a rhetorical question..

Unfortunately, that isn't an option with this latest potential move.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
            I hope that was a rhetorical question..

Unfortunately, that isn't an option with this latest potential move.
            Is there an option to trade AFA for both? One of those rare times I would take a one-for-two. :)
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Damn. AFA wants to get in a league where the competition is lighter? :shock: Maybe they should go with the Horizon league.

Comment

The whole approach that AFA has taken has been like asking a girl for a date and explaining that you're asking her out because your current girl friend is really hot and you're looking for someone a little more plain.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  The whole approach that AFA has taken has been like asking a girl for a data and explaining that you're asking her out because your current girl friend is really hot, but you're looking for someone with whom you think you can get scoreboard.
                  Fixed.

Comment

How far are we from this now? All of a sudden Creighton may blow up the MVC. Our best option is to convince Crieghton to try to enter this new Catholic league as a tandem to give the league geographic balance and retain the rivalry.
                    "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
                    Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

AFA was only an option if they were moving football to the BE. With the BE on the verge of losing Boise back to the MWC and possibly SDSU, if the MWC doesn't hold too big of a grudge, AFA isn't going anywhere. It's looking like the MWC is going to pass the BE as a football conference and could rival or be better than the C7 as a basketball conference. They're going to be in good shape and AFA isn't going anywhere. They also like their rivalries with Wyoming, CSU and UNM.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                      X