No announcement yet.

Uh Oh, panic for the flagship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Bill Self were to retire or move onto the NBA tomorrow KU would truly be a chaotic mess for years to come. Their new A.D. will try to change the culture, but it won't change. Besides track, they are nothing but basketball. I would think potential A.D.'s wouldn't want that job.. KU just proved an A.D. can't rely on their basketball. So now they beg for someone else to step in and pull off a miracle by making their Athletic Department great when it's never been great.

Comment

Breaking news: KU officials spotted at Circle Cinema interviewing candidates to fellate Bill Self.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-taci...142515144.html KU is very very quiet!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          So sad for them that they ended up being victimized by all of this.

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Wow. So KU, through the use of the Adidas proxy, pulled a recruit away with cash from one of their very own former players. Wonder how Turgeon feels about that. Then their new AD gets his contract fixed to where it will be extended through the length of the penalties LMAO. It will be fun to see how this is spun to make KU the "victim" again so the Adidas/KU/NCAA corruption gravy train ecosystem isn't disrupted. KU still signed a new contract with Adidas despite all of this BS coming out. They know about all of this stuff because they are a part of it.

Comment

Jeff PassanVerified account@JeffPassan 8h8 hours ago More
          • Copy link to Tweet
          • Embed Tweet

Jeff Passan Retweeted Pat Forde
          This is a huge story. And Kansas hiding behind FERPA -- which is a law that protects the privacy of "education records" and has absolutely nothing to do with personal privacy of under-the-table payments -- is an abuse of a well-intentioned statute. KU should be embarrassed.

Comment

WuDrWu is stunned by this and is going to need to sit down to ponder how things like this can happen to such a fine, upstanding program like Kansas men’s basketball.
            78-65

Comment

We've all known that K|Uck-City has been cheating since the days when Moses wore short pants. It's nice to finally see it come to light. The only time I'll be satisfied though is when they receive the hammer. I'm not holding my breath.

No worries... they've already received a little Shocker Karma.

T

...:cool:

Comment

And now this: https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11113
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "The flag, “untitled (flag 2),” was designed by German artist Josephine Meckseper..."

I'm not going to say out-loud what I would do to the person that hangs such a flag if I were able to meet them in a discrete area with no cameras. I'll let your imagination run wild.

T

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They might as well change their mascot from jayhawk to a soy latte drinking, gender fluid, Antifa douche bag. Ugh, the whole town of Lawrence sucks so much.

you-will-never-be-as-good-as-flagship.jpg
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

BREAKING:
                  https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...214679760.html

"if a grown adult wants a (bleep) job and another grown adult is willing to give one for money, then let them. That's both freedom and capitalism, and that's the foundation of our country."

:) Just a regular day in Lawrence, KS. But don't get too excited because up there you're probably getting a dude...
                  Last edited by Dave Stalwart; July 11, 2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Something tells me this Mensan doesn't have a bleeping clue when it comes to the foundation of our country.

T

Grand jury requests info on communications between KU and [redacted name of recruit] and communications with Adidas. So, with many months of warning that this was coming, the grand jury will get all the documentation that's not already been shredded.

Maybe my cynicism is just running in overdrive, but I think the Adidas connection is just part of the whole picture. I don't think you can buy the 5* guys for $20K. But $20K will really help in getting to the actual cost.

Newly released records show that a federal grand jury ordered the University of Kansas this year to turn over communications between its men's basketball coaches and at least one prospective student-athlete.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Grand jury requests info on communications between KU and [redacted name of recruit] and communications with Adidas. So, with many months of warning that this was coming, the grand jury will get all the documentation that's not already been shredded.

Maybe my cynicism is just running in overdrive, but I think the Adidas connection is just part of the whole picture. I don't think you can buy the 5* guys for $20K. But $20K will really help in getting to the actual cost.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Kan...489138131.html
                    $20K is the admission ticket.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      BREAKING:
                      https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...214679760.html

"if a grown adult wants a (bleep) job and another grown adult is willing to give one for money, then let them. That's both freedom and capitalism, and that's the foundation of our country."

:) Just a regular day in Lawrence, KS. But don't get too excited because up there you're probably getting a dude...
                      How did I miss this?! Bahahahahaa
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/5-biggest-q...014819393.html General article, but worth reading
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post

The Billy Preston deal, documents allege, was for $90,000 and included cloak-and-dagger cash drops in hotel rooms.

Comment

Working...
                          X