Mizzou Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou Arena

Noticed them playing Florida just now.. Is it just me or is the name of their basketball stadium lacking some enthusiasm? Mizzou Arena. Hell, WSU's abandoned football stadium has more in the name than that. I can understand no one wanting to claim Mizzou basketball, but naming the building "Norm Stewart Stadium" or something would at least make it more appealing for potential coaches and recruits who are looking for a school that puts some thought into it's sports.
    Last edited by bleed yellow; January 7, 2018, 10:09 AM.

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    Noticed them playing Florida just now.. Is it just me or is the name of their basketball stadium lacking some enthusiasm? Mizzou Arena. Hell, WSU's abandoned football stadium has a more in the name than that. I can understand no one wanting to claim Mizzou basketball, but naming the building "Norm Stewart Stadium" or something would at least make it more appealing for potential coaches and recruits who are looking for a school that puts some thought into it's sports.
    It was named for the daughter of some wealthy donors who didn't even attend mizzou (the daughter) ironically. The name was removed after the daughter was accused of cheating by paying her roommate to do her coursework for her.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• bleed yellow
      bleed yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a strange university overall.. I remember hearing someone drove their car into Mizzou Arena last summer and caused some damage from joy riding inside the building.

Methzoo Arena?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      Methzoo Arena?
      I'm triggered

Comment

The story only gets more bizzare if you read into their basketball history.. Before the Mizzou Arena, they played in the Hearnes Center, which didn't have a official student section. How crazy is that? Lol. Apparently their students just sat wherever and in small pockets during games until the early 2000's. Quinn Snyder ruffled feathers by designating a student section. I get the vibe from reading this stuff that Mizzou probably pissed off a lot of their basketball fans over the years with little things like ticket pricing and adding a student section.

Comment

Mizzou is 'X-Files' strange...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
          X