Louisville Sues Pitino For Vacated Wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Sues Pitino For Vacated Wins

The NCAA is demanding that Louisville return their NCAA shares from the tournament for the years 2012-2015. Louisville is suing Pitino, since (in their argument) it was Pitino and not the university who created the situation requiring the return of the money.

The university is seeking the bonus money Pitino earned for leading the Cardinals to the 2012 Final Four and 2013 national title.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

I'm no Slick Rick fan but that's horsecrap.

Pitino may have been the coach but UL has the ultimate responsibility for what goes on under its banner. Its the same principle I was taught in the Navy "you can delegate authority, but not responsibility".
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your service.

A counter to Rick's wrongful termination lawsuit...

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
      I'm no Slick Rick fan but that's horsecrap.

Pitino may have been the coach but UL has the ultimate responsibility for what goes on under its banner. Its the same principle I was taught in the Navy "you can delegate authority, but not responsibility".
      Well put.

I mean if Rick gets 100% of the blame, then he should also get 100% of the credit. So will the university give all the money they made on ticket and merchandise sales over that time period to Rick?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If Louisville could win this lawsuit against Pitino, wouldn't that be absolute proof of "lack of institutional control"? Imagine if that lawsuit ever hit court and there were subpeonas and people being questioned under oath by attorneys. That might get ugly for the NCAA. There's going to be a lot of people wanting to see this get settled.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting thought there. Will be interesting to see if there is an indemnification clause in Pitino's contract, and how it reads.
      Working...
      X