The American Road to Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American Road to Omaha

I'm still peeved about being the second team out, but here are the Regionals for Houston, UCF, and USF:

Houston Regional:
    1. Houston
    2. Baylor
    3. Texas A&M
    4. Iowa

Tallahassee Regional:
    1. Florida State
    2. UCF
    3. Auburn
    4. Tennessee Tech

Gainesville Regional:
    1. Florida
    2. USF
    3. Bethune-Cookman
    4. Marist

Houston has a rough one, but luckily they're hosting. I think USF and UCF both have a chance to win theirs.

Wow I get to root for 3 different teams. Gets better and better.

Comment

I have NO idea how in the world anyone can justify a Maryland team that finished 7-8 in their last 15 with ONE, that's right ONE of those FIFTEEN games against a team from the TOP 100, a loss to #87 Iowa.

Can you imagine a team getting an at large in basketball finishing 3-4 against teams from 87-234? Never happen.

UCONN probably gets in if they just don't get swept at Tulane. 33-24 would have been hard to ignore, but then it still stands up well against that Maryland selection debacle.

Comment

I think Melo was a designated hitter so I mean that means if he is on the team they must be great because he is well um great? And no I'm still not bitter about Melo going to the games and Fred not.

Comment

HTown 16-3 over Baylor top 7
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

Houston lost this afternoon to Texas A&M so all AAC teams have been eliminated from NCAA tournament play. Not a great showing for the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Houston lost this afternoon to Texas A&M so all AAC teams have been eliminated from NCAA tournament play. Not a great showing for the conference.
              Not great but not horrible. UH made it very interesting in the bottom of the 9th. Had the bases loaded after cutting it to 4-3. It was 4-0 entering the 9th.

All Valley teams are still alive after all the AAC teams are eliminated. Hm. Due more to timing than anything.

Some really good games. Davidson finish last night was incredible!

Sam Houston State looking to advance to Super Regional leading Texas Tech 4-3 bottom 7.

Florida and Bethune Cookman are scoreless in the 4th in a winner take all game.

DBU clobbering UVA 9-3 looking to advance to the finals.

5 other winner take all games later today.

Comment

#3 seeded Sam Houston State holds on for its 2nd consecutive 1-run win over top seed and host Texas Tech to move on to the Super Regional.

Sam Houston State beat Arizona twice and Texas Tech twice to advance with 3 of the 4 wins by 1 run. They will play either Florida State or Auburn in the Super.

Comment

The American definitely under-performed, but there seems to be a lot more tournament parity this year than in previous ones. Very entertaining baseball thus far.

Comment

Working...
                  X