Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 American Conference Baseball Tournament

Begins today:

#2 Houston vs #7 Memphis - 9AM ET on American Digital Network (Livestream on YouTube)
    #3 UCONN vs #6 Cincinnati - Noon ET on American Digital Network (Livestream on YouTube)
    #4 USF vs #5 Tulane - 3:30PM ET on CBS Sports
    #1 UCF vs #8 ECU - 7PM ET on CBS Sports

American Digital Network Preview:

Rut roh. Anyone hear how they are going to handle 9 teams next year? #FirsttimeforeverythingIhopenot

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Rut roh. Anyone hear how they are going to handle 9 teams next year? #FirsttimeforeverythingIhopenot
      Are you suggesting 9th place will be left out of the tournament? Good chance that could happen.

Comment

Not suggesting, but hoping that's not the case, for anyone, but most of all the team likely to be picked 9th next year.

Comment

I mean, the Shocks weren't a terrible home team this year. Maybe the long bus rides to terrible MVC cities was too much to handle, and plane rides to nicer locales will result in a solid 8th place finish?

Comment

I can't get a 100% answer as to whether the last place team doesn't qualify or there's a #8/9 seed single game playoff.

As far as the tournament is concerned, Clearwater is a great destination. Not only is the baseball park amazing (my Phillies did a good job :D), but the beaches, people, and fresh seafood restaurants are great too. My parents live in the neighboring town and I have attended both the 2015 and 2016 tournaments. While the attendance is sub-par (although you'll get great seats), I would highly suggest attending. If any of you plan on going next year, let me know as I can suggest bars/restaurants/entertainment and would love to meet up with some Shocker fans.

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

Games have been entertaining so far.

#2 Houston def #7 Memphis (6-6)
                #3 UCONN def #6 Cincinnati (12-3)
                #4 USF def #5 Tulane (7-6)
                #8 ECU def #1 UCF (14-3)

#7 Memphis def #6 Cincinnati (15-14 in 10 innings) - Cincinnati eliminated

I plan on watching the Wichita State game on ESPN3 later today. Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I haven't heard or read anything but I would be in favor of the 8-9 playing the 1-seed.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                    Games have been entertaining so far.

#2 Houston def #7 Memphis (6-6)
                    #3 UCONN def #6 Cincinnati (12-3)
                    #4 USF def #5 Tulane (7-6)
                    #8 ECU def #1 UCF (14-3)

#7 Memphis def #6 Cincinnati (15-14 in 10 innings) - Cincinnati eliminated

I plan on watching the Wichita State game on ESPN3 later today. Go Shockers!!!
                    Real pitcher's battle there in that elimination game. :listening_headphone With the BU-DBU game still in a rain delay and only in the top of the 6th, I'm guessing the WSU game doesn't get started until 5:30, at least.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; May 24, 2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I would prefer the the 9th place team simply doesn't make the tournament. Adding a play-in game for the 8-9 finishers to play will just diminish their pitching further and just make that bottom seed that more more uncompetitive against the top seed. I like the regular season meaning something somehwere along the line. If you don't want to be left out don't finish last.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I would prefer the the 9th place team simply doesn't make the tournament. Adding a play-in game for the 8-9 finishers to play will just diminish their pitching further and just make that bottom seed that more more uncompetitive against the top seed. I like the regular season meaning something somehwere along the line. If you don't want to be left out don't finish last.
                        It's most likely that the 9th place team will not make the tournament. The old Big East had 11 playing baseball members and only the top 8 made the conference tournament. The American adapted most (if not all) of the previous Big East guidelines so it makes sense that this would follow suit.

Comment

Semi-Final Update:

#2 Houston (2-0) vs #3 UCONN (2-1) - 5/27 10AM EST on American Digital Network

#8 ECU (2-0) vs #1 UCF (2-1) -5/27 1PM EST on American Digital Network

Comment

All semi final games today are on cox 122!
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                              All semi final games today are on cox 122!
                              How sweet is that?

Kam Gellinger for UCF may have the best beard in sports, certainly in college baseball.

Houston defeats and eliminates UCONN 13-3 and ECU leads UCF 1-0 in the bottom of the 2nd. The depth of this conference is truly spectacular. ECU I don't think has the pitching depth or power of Missouri State, but they'd have finished 1-2 in the Valley.

To say we have our hands full next season is a stark but sad understatement.

Comment

Working...
                              X