2017 American Conference Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 American Conference Baseball

Quite a race going on in The American in baseball. The American is ranked 5th among conferences in RPI. They have 4 Top 50 teams and all 8 teams are Top 100.

Currently there is a 5-way tie for 1st place at 9-6.

That could be a lot of fun to be I the middle of. Just not sure we have the team/leadership to do that right now however.

8 really good series next season with no cupcakes. I wonder what the non-conference schedule will look like? Will we continue to play an upgraded schedule, or back off....considering the league schedule I'd have to think a couple of those power series have to be disappearing.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      8 really good series next season with no cupcakes. I wonder what the non-conference schedule will look like? Will we continue to play an upgraded schedule, or back off....considering the league schedule I'd have to think a couple of those power series have to be disappearing.
      Butler has stated as much. Too bad, too. Tough games vs. good teams helps players and coaches understand what it is like to strive to get better. OTOH, Bill Snyder has demonstrated that a "lite" non-con can help boost the confidence of a team and enable them to perform at a higher level.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
        Butler has stated as much. Too bad, too. Tough games vs. good teams helps players and coaches understand what it is like to strive to get better. OTOH, Bill Snyder has demonstrated that a "lite" non-con can help boost the confidence of a team and enable them to perform at a higher level.
        Also, I would say Coach Snyder is a real grinder and his team's reflect that. They always seem to start with some question marks, keep working on themselves and get better as the season moves on.

Not sure I really see that with Todd Butler's teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Also, I would say Coach Snyder is a real grinder and his team's reflect that. They always seem to start with some question marks, keep working on themselves and get better as the season moves on.

Not sure I really see that with Todd Butler's teams.
          I certainly didn't mean to imply that Butler evokes any modeling 0f Snyder-esque coaching or program management.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            I certainly didn't mean to imply that Butler evokes any modeling 0f Snyder-esque coaching or program management.
            I didn't mean to imply that you did but just was pointing out that just becasue that scheduling approach may work for Snyder it may not have the same impact for Todd Butler's team.

The fact the we are even talking about the Shockers needing to back off on their scheduling is somewhat an indictment of the where the program is.

Comment

I hope USF can win the championship!!!

Comment

Working...
              X