Festivus for the Rest of Us...UConn/AAC style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festivus for the Rest of Us...UConn/AAC style

First of all, I hope the lurkers here from the UConn board will take this in stride.

I came across this recently. The person who wrote this obviously hasn't been too far from the farm.

I found it pretty amusing, here is my take:
    • They really talk up their Women's BB program, act almost as if it is their flagship sport, according to related articles posted in another thread from ESPN, it was stated (in May) that the WBB program loses $3M per year.
    • They put down the AAC football teams and state none of them will ever make the playoffs, which is true, but I don't think their looming exit will benefit the football team from a positional aspect. They really do not have much to offer, the AAC is probably as good a football conference as they will ever be in. Do a google search....20 players transferring.
    • I also found it comical their statements relative to AAC basketball. With all apologies to the fine UConn fans here, I think their issues with the current state of their recruiting relates more to losing Jim Calhoun and the fallout from his retirement and less from their competitive position.
    • They really put a bunch of crap on the AAC holding the tournament at the Dickies Center in Fort Worth (as opposed to Madison Square where the Big East has their tournament). I don't think they've ever been to the Greater Dallas area - there are over 7 million people there now. The arena is a bit of a small venue, but there will be absolutely no issues with getting flights in and out, SMU should provide a strong turnout, and I expect the tournament will be a sellout for those reasons alone.
    I found the article to be really funny...for all the wrong reasons. I did not know what appears to be a typical UConn alum to be provincial and closed-minded. It made me laugh really hard.....

If you find it hard to understand the typical UGonn alum being provincial and close minded there are only three words that explains it all "Northeast Mind set"

Comment

Working...
    X