With Hurley at UConn and Penny at Memphis, AAC Recruiting Notches Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Hurley at UConn and Penny at Memphis, AAC Recruiting Notches Up

Kudos to UConn and Memphis for making moves. I expect those squads to be in the Top half of the conference.. possibly in the Top 3.
    Memphis was going to be good if they had Tubby next year... those bigs matured nicely this year, and now that they got Lomax, et al (to go with Martin/Brewton) they'll contend for an NCAA bid.
    I like UConn also. Talent was never their issue, and now UConn has a taskmaster to put those pieces in the right places.
    UConn and Memphis had the same problem last year. It's the same problem the Shockers have this year. They had BIG classes that were adjusting to High Major basketball.
    Under Hurley and Hardaway they've done a good job of saving the 2018 classes, with an eye on 2019 as their first real classes.
    Hardaway has already gotten Dandridge for 2019... Significant because he's the domino that plays with Wiseman and Lawson...
    Hurley is blanketing the northeast, with a staff that has a lot of cachet.
    I don't think the AAC could have scripted it better. The struggles of those two bellcows ushered in Wichita State.
    After finishing with 3 Top 25 programs (and 2,4,6 seeds), all of a sudden those regime changes (plus McKie and Dooley) ratchet up competition for the top half of the conference. I think the floor just got higher (probably a 4 bid floor once everything solidifies)
    AAC baseball is a good model for AAC basketball.
    Wichita State should be at, or near, the top of both sports each year. Marshall's recruiting this year has been impressive. A lot of wins over good High Majors for every guy. I expect that to get even better with UConn and Memphis landing 4&5 star talent.

Memphis has opted for a dog and pony show. We will see if it works out.

I’m really excited to see what Danny can do at UCONN.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Jeff *******
      Verified account
      @GoodmanESPN
      26m26 minutes ago More

Orlando Magic name Steve Clifford as head coach. Houston coach Kelvin Sampson was in the mix for the job.

Comment

Memphis sold out the Fed Ex Arena for their Tiger Madness open house. 8,000 lower bowl tickets at $10 per, and 10,000 upper bowl tickets at $5 per. That's $130,000 for an open house.

Hardaway has 6 top-50 2019 recruits coming in on visits, including #1 Wiseman and #8 Achiuwa.

On StubHub, the cheapest upper bowl offerings are $10. The most expensive lower bowl offering is at $450. Memphis likes their coach.
        Last edited by Aargh; October 4, 2018, 03:20 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
          UCONN_Husky commented
          Editing a comment
          Achiuwa is in attendance for the free concert. He isn't going there.

Dyamn....

That's impressive.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
        X