Penny vs Tubby: Who Wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny vs Tubby: Who Wins?

I can understand the appeal for Penny, I can. Big name, home town kid, could probably land top recruits, etc.

However, Tubby has been successful everywhere he’s gone. He’s averaged 20 wins the past two seasons, despite losing almost his entire roster.

Also, if Penny has been blocking Memphis area players from the university, in hopes of getting the job, I don’t think that speaks well of him. I hope it’s not true.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    The Assman

Penny. Winner.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      I can understand the appeal for Penny, I can. Big name, home town kid, could probably land top recruits, etc.

However, Tubby has been successful everywhere he’s gone. He’s averaged 20 wins the past two seasons, despite losing almost his entire roster.

Also, if Penny has been blocking Memphis area players from the university, in hopes of getting the job, I don’t think that speaks well of him. I hope it’s not true.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
      Penny and Randy may not be exactly the same. Penny is a bigger name and has more recruiting ties. But Randy Smithson was exciting us when he became the WSU coach. He followed it up with a very good recruiting class. However, the jump from juco to Division 1 was too big for Randy and he couldn't sustain it. Memphis is taking a big risk on a "star player" who was great as a player ( and will make a big splash) but long term, I'm very pessimistic that if they hire him, it'll turn out good. There are many examples of great players who couldn't make the jump to running a program. We have our Randy Smithson.

Add Isaiah Thomas, and Clyde Drexler as a couple more All Americans who couldn't do it.

Comment

Penny continues the insane hype for this Memphis season with the guest entertainer list at Memphis Madness, including Drake, Justin Timberlake, Yo Gotti, and a few other guys I haven't heard of.

This season is either going to be great for Memphis or flame out horribly.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I imagine Penny will have a good first year, a great second year, and then slowly descend into obscurity.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I imagine Penny will have a good first year, a great second year, and then slowly descend into obscurity.
            That’s what happened in my first marriage.

Comment

Working...
            X