I'm the guy who mistakenly left Shockers off my AP ballot this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm the guy who mistakenly left Shockers off my AP ballot this week

Tom Keegan, Lawrence Journal-World and KUsports.com here. Here's my blog on what happened at 2:29 this morning when I mistakenly left Shockers off my ballot. Please pass along to other Wichita State fans. Thanks.

http://bit.ly/1gkCBmQ:disturbed:

Eh.

Doing work at 2:29 am. Been there. Screwed up that.

Thank you, @TomKeegan:, for having the courage to come here and take it like a man!

Go Shox!!

Comment

If you.are reading this Tom, there are more thank you posts in the poll watch thread.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Tom. So, where did you place the Shox this week on your ballet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          Thanks for the explanation Tom. So, where did you place the Shox this week on your ballet?
          Tha link says he intended to have us at #11
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Likely story, Mr. Beaker. You couldn't muster the courage to put lowly mid-major Little Brother one slot higher than the vaunted Chickenhawks. And you only SAY you want the matchup in order to expand your market, knowing full well that you can rest at night knowing it will NEVER happen. Like a politician that knows guns in society are critical for keeping a tyrranical government at bay, but jumping on any soapbox to shout them down in order to win the female vote (but secretly thanking your stars that the NRA lobbies for your freedom daily).

We're on to you you fork-toungued snake. And we know your species too, Mr. Hawkaconda. Keep hissin' and kiss our gluten.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Tha link says he intended to have us at #11
              Which link was that? the link in the OP doesn't say anything about #11.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Which link was that? the link in the OP doesn't say anything about #11.
                From the link in the op:

I cut Wichita State without pasting in attempting to move the Shockers to 11th and didn’t notice the mistake when reviewing my top 25 for the final time before sending it.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  From the link in the op:

I cut Wichita State without pasting in attempting to move the Shockers to 11th and didn’t notice the mistake when reviewing my top 25 for the final time before sending it.
                  Okay, now I see it. For some reason, when I clicked the link earlier, here is all it showed.

Gainesville, Fla. — The second consecutive brutal travel day was halfway done when I checked my phone for messages during a layover in Atlanta.

Uh-oh.

Four voice mails from the Associated Press man in charge of compiling the college basketball poll from his 65 voters, the first coming a few minutes after the flight from Kansas City to Atlanta took off. The last came shortly after it landed, informing me, as it turned out, it was too late.

My first fear was that the ballot I had e-mailed at 2:29 a.m. Monday was lost in cyberspace, out there somewhere in never land, where bags lost by airlines end up.

Comment

Working...
                  X