Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker

I'm one of those crazies that's lurked on Shockernet for several years to get my fix in, especially in the off season. I've always enjoyed getting the inside scoops (or perception of inside scoops), daily humor, and occasional spat between posters. I finally figured I should make a profile so I can get linked up with other Shocker fans...especially those that have the misfortune of living in southwest Kansas like myself. I'm on Shockernet so much, I feel like I know a lot of you. Is that weird?

Little bit about myself. Grew up in Wichita on the west side going to OK Elementary and Hadley Jr. High, then my family moved to Dodge City. After high school, I was in the Army for four years with the 82nd Airborne Division. After my enlistment was up, I knew I wanted to go to school. Many friends had tried to get me to go to that school up north but my extreme dislike for hippies and pretentious snobs would never allow for me to live in a place like Lawrence or go to that school. I wanted to come home and be a Shocker, and so I did graduating from WSU in 2011.

At this point I'm probably teetering on the TMI side of things so I'll stop. Can't wait to stick to to the Valley in Arch Madness, and to the rest of the NCAA in the tournament. What a great ride it's been, and 3G is doing such a great job, it looks like it'll be that way for a long time.

Go Shockers.

Welcome
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Welcome, glad you decided to jump into the conversation.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Thanks fellas!

Comment

Thanks for your service and welcome!

"Death From Above"

Comment

Welcome, btw, I only wish I lived as close to Koch Arena as Dodge City. 4 hours drive for me, 12 to St. Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I'm one of those crazies that's lurked on Shockernet for several years to get my fix in, especially in the off season. I've always enjoyed getting the inside scoops (or perception of inside scoops), daily humor, and occasional spat between posters. I finally figured I should make a profile so I can get linked up with other Shocker fans...especially those that have the misfortune of living in southwest Kansas like myself. I'm on Shockernet so much, I feel like I know a lot of you. Is that weird?

Little bit about myself. Grew up in Wichita on the west side going to OK Elementary and Hadley Jr. High, then my family moved to Dodge City. After high school, I was in the Army for four years with the 82nd Airborne Division. After my enlistment was up, I knew I wanted to go to school. Many friends had tried to get me to go to that school up north but my extreme dislike for hippies and pretentious snobs would never allow for me to live in a place like Lawrence or go to that school. I wanted to come home and be a Shocker, and so I did graduating from WSU in 2011.

At this point I'm probably teetering on the TMI side of things so I'll stop. Can't wait to stick to to the Valley in Arch Madness, and to the rest of the NCAA in the tournament. What a great ride it's been, and 3G is doing such a great job, it looks like it'll be that way for a long time.

Go Shockers.

Young man, thank you for your service to our country!

Comment

@shoxlax: Thank you, and "Airborne, ALL THE WAY" brother!

@Eric: Thank you, and I feel your pain brother. Fortunately you have a prime location for Arch Madness!

@WuDrWu: Thanks doc! I've definitely been blessed!

Go Shockers!

Comment

Welcome to the board! Thanks for your service!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Thank you for your service and welcome to the madness.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Life long Navy man but won't hold that against you Walker! Welcome to SN.

Comment

I have yet to meet someone from the 82nd I haven't liked. Much respect.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Thank you all for the welcomes and kind words. Y'all are awesome. Wish I would have gotten a profile on here a long time ago. Guess I've just worried about being on here too much cutting into work time lol.

@Bluzrover: thanks for not holding it against for being an Army goofball. You sailors are high speed, low drag ass kickers in my book brother!

Comment

Working...
                          X