Shocker fan, 54th season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker fan, 54th season

I grew up in western KS, and remember listening to the Shocker games on the radio back in the Stallworth area. I think the play-by-play guy was Gus Griebe. Which may have influenced my career choice (sportscasting). Have passively enjoyed this forum for several years and figured it was about time to jump in.

Welcome, young man. I have been following the Shockers since they played in the Forum with Celo, Bob Strathe and the clan!

Where do you do your sportscasting?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Retired now. Broadcast high school football/basketball in KS and CO, and juco football/basketball for Coffeyville and Independence. Worked briefly with Bob Davis in Hays and with Dave Armstrong when he was just getting his career started. Also enjoyed doing one Independence CC game with John Criss. Enjoyed even more the post-game conversation (off-air), making him tell me all about the '65 Final Four team and some of my childhood heroes, And I treasured the few times I got to broadcast games from the Roundhouse during high school state tournaments and juco regionals.

Comment

Very nice to have you on board.

Comment

Originally posted by gdb620 View Post
          I grew up in western KS, and remember listening to the Shocker games on the radio back in the Stallworth area. I think the play-by-play guy was Gus Griebe. Which may have influenced my career choice (sportscasting). Have passively enjoyed this forum for several years and figured it was about time to jump in.
          Whoa, welcome aboard. Though honestly I feel like you should be telling ME "welcome aboard". :)
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Welcome! Thanks for finally making an account. Looking forward to you adding to the discussion.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
            X