Many Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Years!

Used to post frequently on Shocker Forum several years ago, but several issues have kept me from getting on here since. I'm a Oldie (prefer the term Senior) so not real good on all the computer stuff, but like all of you love the Shocks.

Short background: Attended WSU briefly in the 60's but unable to finish as back then they had a pesky thing called the "Draft". When I was about to be called, I volunteered to the US Navy and spent a few years in a Helicopter during the Viet Nam conflict. When I returned I came back with a wife and child so couldn't get back to school as needed to work. Recently retired from a long career and now enjoying the good life.

Obviously started rooting for the Shocks in the mid 60's and that has never changed. Don't get to as many games as I used to anymore, but still make a few and always watch or listen every minute if can't be there. Really enjoy reading all the posts and insight this form brings. I'll try to lend any info. I might have if I can.

Thanks to all who support WSU and make it a class act.

Welcome! Check out this post started up a few days ago if you feel like sharing a story or two from your time on campus.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Welcome. Glad to have another Shocker fan here with us.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Thank you for your service to our country.

Comment

Originally posted by sck41903 View Post
          Used to post frequently on Shocker Forum several years ago, but several issues have kept me from getting on here since. I'm a Oldie (prefer the term Senior) so not real good on all the computer stuff, but like all of you love the Shocks.

Short background: Attended WSU briefly in the 60's but unable to finish as back then they had a pesky thing called the "Draft". When I was about to be called, I volunteered to the US Navy and spent a few years in a Helicopter during the Viet Nam conflict. When I returned I came back with a wife and child so couldn't get back to school as needed to work. Recently retired from a long career and now enjoying the good life.

Obviously started rooting for the Shocks in the mid 60's and that has never changed. Don't get to as many games as I used to anymore, but still make a few and always watch or listen every minute if can't be there. Really enjoy reading all the posts and insight this form brings. I'll try to lend any info. I might have if I can.

Thanks to all who support WSU and make it a class act.
          Welcome back. It's no secret that we love those that bleed black and yellow. Make yourself comfortable a stay a spell. And, most importantly, thank you for your service to our country.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Welcome back!
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
            X