Ciao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciao

Hey everyone. Just found the board today and figured I would join. It would take a mini biography for me to explain how I ended up at WSU as a transfer, so I won't bore you with those details. I am a lifelong and die hard LSU fan (don't raz me to hard for that), but grew up in Wichita and have always been a fan of the hometown team. My passion lies with LSU, so I'm not as rabid about the shox as most of you, but it was awesome to watch the game last night with a vested interest. Since we don't have to talk football, it should be easy for me to keep my LSU homerism to the side and indulge in some good casual conversation. Can't wait for Thursday. The bracket is shaping up nicely for the Shox to make a deep run.

Originally posted by LSUshock View Post
    Hey everyone. Just found the board today and figured I would join. It would take a mini biography for me to explain how I ended up at WSU as a transfer, so I won't bore you with those details. I am a lifelong and die hard LSU fan (don't raz me to hard for that), but grew up in Wichita and have always been a fan of the hometown team. My passion lies with LSU, so I'm not as rabid about the shox as most of you, but it was awesome to watch the game last night with a vested interest. Since we don't have to talk football, it should be easy for me to keep my LSU homerism to the side and indulge in some good casual conversation. Can't wait for Thursday. The bracket is shaping up nicely for the Shox to make a deep run.
    Welcome. Are you in BTR or elsewhere?

I have found that most LSU fans know and respect the Shockers. Many due to playing them in Omaha. Others from our recent 3 game basketball series.

Would love to see Coach Jones and Coach Marshall teams play each other.

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUshock View Post
        Two rules for you:

1. Don't make fun of our baseball team;
        2. Send us your best assistant to be our next coach.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Two rules for you:

1. Don't make fun of our baseball team;
          2. Send us your best assistant to be our next coach.
          Why can't he make fun of the baseball team? Everyone else is
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Welcome. Are you in BTR or elsewhere?

I have found that most LSU fans know and respect the Shockers. Many due to playing them in Omaha. Others from our recent 3 game basketball series.

Would love to see Coach Jones and Coach Marshall teams play each other.
            I was born in Houma and still have family there and in Shreveport, but I live in Wichita. I make it back 2 or 3 times a year for football games. My dad is from Louisiana and went to LSU for a semester before joining the Air Force. Thus we moved all over the country and world before settling in Wichita. It sort of became my de facto home. I went to KU for 2 years before applying and being accepted to LSU as a transfer. 2 months before the fall semester they backed out of the scholarship they had already offered me due to lack of budget for transfer scholarships. Needless to say, it was an extremely frustrating and heartbreaking process that lead me to WSU.

As for LSU basketball, watching Trent Johnson the last few years was very frustrating. Coach Jones was a great pick up and I look forward to seeing what he can do in the future. I was very impressed with the way the team improved over the course of the year and got better with every game. Our recruiting class for next year is very bright and the more the players buy into JJ, the better we will get. I'll give it a few years, but I expect for us to be in the top 4-5 in the next few years. A home in home with WSU benefits both of us in my opinion. It's a solid resume booster for both teams.

Baseball is right where we need to be. Just like WSU, parity has hurt the program a bit. Our expectations are to be in Omaha ever year, but I'm not so sure that is very reasonable these days. All the traditional powerhouse have felt the effects of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Why can't he make fun of the baseball team? Everyone else is
              Very true! I played highly competitive baseball in the area my entire life and have plenty of buddies on the team.. It's tough to watch them struggle after having so much belief and excitement that they could get back to normal. I'm not sure what it's gonna take, but something has to change.

Comment

Working...
              X