Time On Forum May Appear Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time On Forum May Appear Off

I have set the system timezone to a setting very off from CST as part of a new tactic to fight the spambot registration. If you are logged in and your profile is set for your preferred time zone, it should appear OK, but in guest mode it will appear to be from a time zone somewhere west of Hawaii. I am going to let this run like this for a few days to see if it stems the flow of spambot registrations. Thanks.

The MGMT
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

So far, so good. No spambot registrations for nearly 12 hours. If this tactic continues to do this well the system time for those not logged in will remain at GMT-12.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Does this have anything to do with the Shock Clock being off? I'm showing 8 hours to game time when it's only 6. We are tipping off at 7:05 I believe. :) All my other time stamps appear to be accurate and I rarely if ever look at the board while not being logged in. Just curious...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The countdown was off because I can't add 12+7 correctly. I had it set at 2100 hours. DOH! It is fixed now.

Comment

Working...
        X