Volleyball Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball Forum

Can you please add Volleyball to the main index listing along with baseball and basketball? With the success of the program and several thousand people coming to the matches, it would be great to list them to the main listing.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Even with volleyball's increased popularity, I haven't seen enough discussion to warrant it's own forum. Maybe that will change this year. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

Even with volleyball's increased popularity, I haven't seen enough discussion to warrant it's own forum. Maybe that will change this year. We'll have to wait and see.
      I hereby demand a bowling forum! :yahoo:
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

How much discussion would you expect to see before you started a VB forum?

I think the creation of such a forum would lead to increased discussion of VB. You could include links to volleyball http://volleytalk.proboards35.com/in...?board=general, sticky threads on VB recruiting, etc. You might ask coach Lamb to comment in a sticky thread when he (or his wife) feels like it. Interviews with Sara, etc. might be fun (as slashdot, groklaw, etc. do - posters suggest questions and the ten "best" are given to Sara or Chris or ...).
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I thought you might say that, but I'm with Spangler that having VB in the main index would increase posts itself.

Comment

While VB is more successful, I don't know if it'll get enough talk to deserve its own forum. Between VB and WBB, the two womens sports that get discussed the most, there still isn't a ton of talk that makes them need to be seperated. At least in my mind.

The Off Topic forum gets a lot more action then the womens sports. The only one that gets less is the Other Mens Sports one and that's no impressive.

I'd love to see both VB and WBB get to the point where they're both so successful that we're talking about them that much that they need to be seperated, but I just don't see that happening any time soon. I hope I'm wrong........
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Does ShockerNet advertise? How do people find out about the site? Because it seems that the current members are not interested in talking about VB or women's sports for that matter, but there has to be others out there that would. My question was spurred by RoyalShock making comments that the AD needs to do more to get the word out about VB, but SN doesn't even have VB as a main forum. I guess it's easier to make suggestions when it's not you taking the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                While VB is more successful, I don't know if it'll get enough talk to deserve its own forum. Between VB and WBB, the two womens sports that get discussed the most, there still isn't a ton of talk that makes them need to be seperated. At least in my mind.

The Off Topic forum gets a lot more action then the womens sports. The only one that gets less is the Other Mens Sports one and that's no impressive.

I'd love to see both VB and WBB get to the point where they're both so successful that we're talking about them that much that they need to be seperated, but I just don't see that happening any time soon. I hope I'm wrong........
                I have to admit that I don't have a great deal of interest in WBB. Other people may have different opinions. I think the lack of success in WBB does drag down the entire "Women's Sports" forum and VB suffers on SN because of this. Our MVC All-Sports Awards over the last four years have been due to "Women's Sports" (not including WBB, which often does not carry its weight) and yet the fans on SN focus mostly on men's sports. Perhaps the suggestion that we recruit a new and different type of Shocker fan to SN is worth considering.

Even if a VB forum did not generate "sufficient" discussion initially, I think there is value in rewarding success. Coach Lamb and the VB teams have had success and have earned respect IMHO. I don't know the "cost" (i.e. difficulty) of setting up a VB forum but I can't imagine that it would be substantial. If it is and it is a software problem, give me root access and I'll see that it is fixed within a week (probably much less); if I can't do it, I know people who can (and will) do it.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I'm all for a volleyball forum as long as it comes with an extensive photo gallery!

I know I'm wrong for that, but I am what I am!;-)
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                    I'm all for a volleyball forum as long as it comes with an extensive photo gallery!

I know I'm wrong for that, but I am what I am!;-)

:good:
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
                      Does ShockerNet advertise? How do people find out about the site? Because it seems that the current members are not interested in talking about VB or women's sports for that matter, but there has to be others out there that would. My question was spurred by RoyalShock making comments that the AD needs to do more to get the word out about VB, but SN doesn't even have VB as a main forum.
                      We don't advertise.

I guess it's easier to make suggestions when it's not you taking the risk.
                      Probably not the best course of action if you're trying to sway my opinion.

Separating a forum into multiple forums can ensure the demise of both. While creating a separate forum for VB could create more discussion, it could also reduce discussion for all women's sports. Having them all in one forum means everyone who is interested in women's sports will see all relevant disucssions. Splitting them can also result in splitting the traffic and resulting in less overall posts.

One certainty is that the Women's Sports forum would suffer greatly if VB were separated out.

Comment

Working...
                      X