Why was my thread closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was my thread closed?

Why was the "Lynn Non-controversy" thread closed? There's no explanation given...

Originally posted by BioShock View Post
    Why was the "Lynn Non-controversy" thread closed? There's no explanation given...
    There's no explanation needed.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      There's no explanation needed.
      No? So that's how things are run around here? Just randomly close threads without explaining to the poster why? If it was deemed inappropriate I'd sure like to understand why so I don't create any more threads that mods have to waste their time closing. I'm sure the mods would appreciate this as well.

Comment

The Russians

Comment

I can't speak for the mods, but my past experience, and please understand I don't mean this negatively, is that Shockernet is not a democracy. If the mods want something closed, it's closed. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            The Russians
            I knew it...Putin's a UK fan!

Comment

I am not a mod, so I can not speak for them. But in my opinion the thread was closed due to 2 reasons. The topic had run it's useful course and 2. It was overcome by the Kentucky idiots who came here to stir up trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                Kentucky
                This was my take as well.

Comment

Threads aren't closed randomly. When there is no possible good that come from a thread...AND...the thread has the potential to become a source of - let's politely call it "controversy"...AND...everything that can be known about the subject is already known...AND...the thread may enhace or further rumors that are harmful to those associated with the progeram and there is little evidence to support the rumors...AND...the thread is attracting negative attention from visitors...

..the thread is likely to get closed.

AND...I would not advise trying to reopen the discussion of the closed thread in this one. That would be legitimate grounds for terminating posting privileges.

I'm not even a mod, but I've seen how things work around here. The mods here are incredibly hesitant to close or delete threads.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Thanks for the 2nd more informative reply Aargh. I wasn't going to reopen the discussion about that particular subject. I do far more reading than posting here so I was a little surprised the thread was closed and was naturally curious why. I'm in a private message convo with Royal about it, and while he didn't personally close it he speculated basically the same thing as Jdmee stated above.

Comment

Working...
                    X