Chat box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat box?

Not sure how hard this is to implement, but a chat box would be a cool feature.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Wheatshockers has one! ;)
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Still sounds like a good idea imo. Or maybe you guys learn to use discord and we can make one. I know Onegreatracer has a discord. So do I.

Comment

It is interesting. My hesitation is that our game threads are the most popular content on here, and I love having old game threads to go back and look through. I feel like if we had a chat board it would encourage people to use that instead of the epic game threads and we would lose them.

Thoughts?
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
          Downtown Shocker Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree. But think the chat box could be used for announcements, etc as an easier way to keep up versus having to keep refreshing. Like Ndiaye’s announcement last night.

• FadedCrown
          FadedCrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe we can archive the chat boxes?

I think a solution here to have different channels, and have a special channel for game talk, which can be saved and viewed later.

Comment

Or just no chat box. It was lame on WS
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I thought this whole thing WAS a chat box. Perhaps I need to readjust. People telling me to post less make a lot more sense now...

Comment

A chat box is the equivalent of one big massive, wandering, non-archived thread. Not a huge fan personally. Been to many forums over the years where the lost post in the chat box at the top stuck around like a festering turd for months, due to the feature's inactivity.

SN is not my baby though, so if KW wants to say change the forum's skin to a Barney the Dinosaur theme I will simply say "Thank you sir, may I have another" repeatedly.

Comment

Working...
              X