Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a lot of 403 Forbidden pages when trying to post or modify posts

Any ideas @_kai_:?

Browser or platform doesn't matter. Problem persists through all variations. It also locks my IP out apparently (no matter the browser) because I often can't get back on the site. Posting this right now through my cell's LTE, because the SN server won't let me on with my home internet.

Really strange. Here's a copy and paste, if that is of any use. Thanks!

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/editpost.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at shockernet.net Port 80
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 13, 2016, 05:25 PM.

Something happened to the buttons available in quick reply for link, quote, font, size, etc. I used them art about 10:30 this morning, but at 11:00 they were not available and all formatting disappeared from my reply.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

@SHOCKvalue: you probably tripped Apache's mod_evasive module. It will clear itself out after a certain amount of time, but that counter will reset if you try to hit a page from that same IP again during the countdown. This can happen if you hit refresh over and over or if you try to submit something and it hangs so you hit back and resubmit over a few times quickly.

There could also be something in your original post that tripped mod_security. That could be an unusual combination of words that look like a hack attempt -- even when it's not.

Or a combination of both. Usually the answer is to wait and don't use any computers from the house until it clears. But @_kai_:'s host could clear it manually too.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Still having issues or did it resolve @SHOCKvalue:?

How about you @im4wsu:?
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          Still having issues or did it resolve @SHOCKvalue?

How about you @im4wsu?
          It appears to have resolved. Thanks for whatever you did!
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Thanks @_kai_:!

It'll take some posting activity on my end to know for sure, but I sure appreciate you taking care of the issue (assuming).

Comment

Working...
            X