Multi-Quoting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Quoting

I'm sure it's spelled out somewhere but I cannot find it. How do you use the multi-quote feature?????
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    I'm sure it's spelled out somewhere but I cannot find it. How do you use the multi-quote feature?????
    I may be doing it wrong but I will click reply to each different person I want to quote and literally copy the text from each individual and paste it into my post box.

You can also reply to one person and then edit your reply by pasting additional people into it.

Comment

Next to "Reply With Quote". Click that for every post you want to quote, then click reply and they should all show up in your post.

Comment

Here are some pictures to help explain it.

Like @ShockerEngineer said, the button next to the "reply with quote" button at the bottom right of every post is the multiquote button.

By clicking it, makes it look like this:

Now, you want to click that quote button on each and every reply you would like to include in your reply. You can even change pages in a thread and it will retain those multiquotes. So say you want to quote the last post on page 2, and the 2nd post on page 3, you can go to page 2, click that little multiquote button on the last reply on that page and go to page 3 and click the multiquote button on the 2nd post of that page.

The key here for all of this to work is that you must click the "reply with quote" button as well as the multiquote button on the last reply you want to quote.

So in the example above of wanting to quote last reply on page 2 and 2nd reply on page 3, you would click the multiquote button on the last post of the 2nd page, go the 3rd page, click the multiquote on that reply, and then click the "reply with quote" button. This will then take those posts and put them in quotes tags within your editor.

Here are images showing clicking the multiquote button, and then what you should get inside your editor after clicking reply with quote.

Now what you should see after clicking reply with quote with having 2 replies selected for multiquoting.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Comment

This is better than finding out you are in the phone book!!!!!!!

Comment

This is better than finding out you are in the phone book!!!!!!!
              You are in the phone book?

You can also multi-quote people out of sequence. I love new toys.

Comment

One thing it wont let you do, without editing, is to quote someone who quoted someone else, etc.

Sort of like this:

Originally posted by Third person
                Originally posted by Second person
                Originally posted by First person
                First person's post.
                Second person's reply to first person.
                Third person's reply to second person.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  You are in the phone book?
                  They still make phone books?
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    They still make phone books?
                    Yes, and because of that I am somebody.

Comment

Yes, and because of that I am somebody.
                      I wonder if I am as well. I will have to search out one of these "phone books" and find out.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                      X