New Flash Plugin Added Recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flash Plugin Added Recently?

Was there a new plugin added recently that requires or makes use of Flash if you have it installed? Seems like when I have Shockernet loaded recently, my browser eventually crashes due to a memory leak. I haven't spent any time figuring out what is causing it, so I thought I would ask.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Nope, nothing has been added in a while.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Was there a new plugin added recently that requires or makes use of Flash if you have it installed? Seems like when I have Shockernet loaded recently, my browser eventually crashes due to a memory leak. I haven't spent any time figuring out what is causing it, so I thought I would ask.
      What browser are you using?

Firefox just updated for me today.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        What browser are you using?

Firefox just updated for me today.
        Firefox. It's been crashing for about a week, and so far only when Shockernet has been left open for a long time. But I still can't say that's the culprit -- I run Firefox hard.

Comment

Ah, when you drill into a thread there is a Facebook "Like" button at the top. I believe that may be the culprit -- so you'd only notice the memory leak if you are actually sitting on a page that's inside a thread. I'll keep an eye on it and see if that is indeed it.

Comment

Let me know, do you think it'd be a drain on bandwidth for the server this sits on, or is it just a client side issue with browser memory?
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Let me know, do you think it'd be a drain on bandwidth for the server this sits on, or is it just a client side issue with browser memory?
              Potentially both. I see it blocking in Firebug so I will test it later tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X