Hacked by Syrian Rebel Sympathizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked by Syrian Rebel Sympathizers

I'm not making that up. It was a wide spread attack on Vbulletin software supported message boards. The NDSU board was also hacked. There was a vulnerability in the software that has now been corrected, and the hackers have been removed from the back end. The site is now live, and no files have been lost.

Thanks for your patience, and I never would have thought that ShockerNet would be a target by Syrian Rebels to help with their cause.

Matt
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Nice try, but we all know it was Doug Elgin trying to screw us over again.

Comment

I always thought Doug Elgin seemed like a Syrian Rebel sympathizer.

Comment

I actually went to the guys twitter feed - he has happily announcing every site that he was hacking.

Comment

This is a really stupid question but how in the whatever does hacking into an account like this build support for your cause?

Comment

I think it was actually people who support the Syrian government so now they're going to be super pissed at ShockerNet ;)

The page I saw was basically propaganda about how Assad is actually good and they're going to retaliate if the US attacks Syria. Hacking websites is their way of "raising awareness."

Comment

Well I was against a stoopid attack on Syria, but now that they have hacked Shockernet it's personal. I say let's play a round of Demolition Damascus!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Removed out the back end, huh? Sounds painful!
                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Neither side of the Syrian civil war is worth supporting.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    This is a really stupid question but how in the whatever does hacking into an account like this build support for your cause?
                    evidently he was a kiddie hacker, because if he was talented hacker this site wouldn't be up this quickly.

Comment

#hackedBySyrianRebelAllianceAndAllIGotWasThisLousy Hashtag
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Now hacked by Mr. Jerk74? WTF?
                          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Yep. I've messaged Kai. It seems only the very front URL is hacked this time though.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It's fixed.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X