Problem with Firefox - or just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Firefox - or just me?

For the last week or so, ShockerNet has looked like this when I bring it up in Firefox
    ShockerNet.jpg
    ShockerNet is the only web page I've accessed that comes up in an unusual manner, and I've been to a lot of web sites since this happened.

ShockerNet comes up normally in Internet Explorer and in Chrome. I normally use Firefox, but I will switch to Chrome when I want to access ShockerNet.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Did you recently update firefox? Any thing on your end that changed prior to the weird load on SN?
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      For the last week or so, ShockerNet has looked like this when I bring it up in Firefox
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]784[/ATTACH]
      ShockerNet is the only web page I've accessed that comes up in an unusual manner, and I've been to a lot of web sites since this happened.

ShockerNet comes up normally in Internet Explorer and in Chrome. I normally use Firefox, but I will switch to Chrome when I want to access ShockerNet.
      I've seen it look like that on my Android whenever it doesn't load all the way or takes a long time to load. I have to do a refresh and it seems to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]784[/ATTACH]

What you are seeing is a symptom of a CSS file not loading completely, yet still getting cached (so that each time you return it doesn't fetch the new CSS file, but uses the corrupt one in the FireFox cache).

The instructions to clear your cache (NOT your cookies) are here:

The Firefox cache temporarily stores parts of websites you visit. Learn how to clear it to fix issues with how websites work or look.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          What you are seeing is a symptom of a CSS file not loading completely, yet still getting cached (so that each time you return it doesn't fetch the new CSS file, but uses the corrupt one in the FireFox cache).

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...-firefox-cache
          Thanks, KungWu, that fixed it. No amount of updating or restarting Firefox or refreshing Firefox would solve it. I have never seen that problem before.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but Firefox as a whole just seems to be working rather crappily lately. Like the last couple of months.

Comment

Honestly, my first suggestion for problems like this is always clearing out your Cache, and possibly cookies for other issues. I always feel like a broken record so I didn't suggest it this time, glad it fixed the issue. Thanks @Kung Wu:
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Who ate all the cookies? :)
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...-firefox-cache
                  Hey, this guy's good........

Comment

Kicking problems with a HIIIIIIYAH like Carmichael.

Comment

Working...
                    X