Hall of Fame Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame Forum

Is there a way we can set up a Hall of Fame for certain threads that have achieved legendary status?
    For example:
    WstateU's Bluejays at the shockers thread (2013)
    WstateU turns game thread into Daily Lovely Lady thread, and keeps on keeping on while battling through personal illness, both of which are commendable original feats.

Bluejays @ Shockers

EOs thread is another that would be immediately inducted as well. The one question is would we move the thread, or leave it in its respective forum? I see pros and cons of each.
    Obviously there would be rules and restrictions, as well as a process, but I will post on that later if this is deemed a good idea.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

When a mod moves a thread, there is the option to leave a redirect to that thread in the original forum it was created in. That way in essence you could have the best of both worlds.

I'm all game for this, but I don't want to do something like this and people bicker about which threads do and don't deserve to be in there. If it's going to be no big deal, and it's just for fun, then I'm for it given the right parameters are set up for which a thread can be in the HoF.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

We can always take a vote :)
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Exactly. I'll put up my complete thoughts in a few hours.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Sorry for the delay. School caught up and nipped me in the butt. Anyway, here is my proposal.

Process of Induction to Hall of Fame
          1. Nomination in Sticky Nomination thread by any shockernetter
          2. Reviewed by Moderator
          3. Vote by Shockernet
          4. Thread redirected to HoF

Nomination
          Basically, anything can be nominated (I would like to have a stickied nomination thread set up). Someone would have to second the nomination. If there are any objections, they should be voiced at this time. Please provide reason both for nomination (none needed for seconding a nomination) and objection (if applicable).

Review
          Moderator would review the nomination at this time. Basically, this is just a formality and BS filter. Nomination and any objections would be considered (objections don't necessarily keep a thread from going through to vote, but will be considered).

Vote
          Moderator would set up a voting thread and leave voting open for 3-7 days (?). Highest vote wins.

Thread Redirected
          Mod now will redirect the tread to HoF and combine the voting thread with it.

Comment

Working...
          X