Shockernet breach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockernet breach?

Got a message from my browser that there was a password security breach on Shockernet. Not a problem for me because my SN password was unique to the channel, but the Mod(s) may want to message everybody

SHOCKERNET.jpg
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Hmmm. Is there any more information you can glean from the warning? When the breach occurred, etc? I am not seeing any indications of a breach, but maybe I am missing something?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Hmmm. Is there any more information you can glean from the warning? When the breach occurred, etc? I am not seeing any indications of a breach, but maybe I am missing something?
      Nope. That's all I got. I don't regularly use Safari, so I'm not sure there's a way to nail down the timeframe.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Do you have the password saved on your devices?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Nope. That's all I got. I don't regularly use Safari, so I'm not sure there's a way to nail down the timeframe.
          We got hacked awhile ago. My gut tells me that this is lingering from some time back, because I am not seeing any evidence of a new one. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled though. Unfortunately the software we are running on, vbulletin, is notorious for being targeted for being hacked for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Do you have the password saved on your devices?
            Nope.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I use safari often on my phone, but have gotten no such notice.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We got hacked awhile ago. My gut tells me that this is lingering from some time back, because I am not seeing any evidence of a new one. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled though. Unfortunately the software we are running on, vbulletin, is notorious for being targeted for being hacked for whatever reason.
                Pretty sure you are correct.

Comment

Here is a great way to find out if your email or phone # has been compromised:

Have I Been Pwned allows you to search across multiple data breaches to see if your email address or phone number has been compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Here is a great way to find out if your email or phone # has been compromised:

Have I Been Pwned allows you to search across multiple data breaches to see if your email address or phone number has been compromised.
                    Super cool. I have an old email addy that has been pwned 10 times. Hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X