New "Like" & "Thank You" system implemented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Like" & "Thank You" system implemented

Ok, a new plugin was installed tonight. It gives members the ability to "like" a post, or give a "thanks" to the poster for posting information. You can give both. It keeps track of all likes and thanks given, it also adds to your rep, so basically the give rep button has become obsolete.

You will find the new buttons below each and every post. It looks like this:

It also has updated the user info box to the left of posts. It now looks like this:

If you click the minus sign, it will expand to view your thank and like info, it will look like this:

There is also an additional menu option that has been added to the "community" tab at the top menu bar. Located here:

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Awesome!

Comment

Sweet!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Dumb question time...

Does a person get more rep for a "like" or a "thank"? I just want to be sure that I maximize the power from my enormous rephammer. I'll hang up and listen.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

There isn't a differentiation between likes or thanks, so in affect you could double the rep given if you gave both a thank and like. At least that's how I think it calculates.

There are also multiplying factors to how rep is given, meaning someone themselves with a high rep has an increased rep power when they give rep. Another multiplier is number of years someone has been registered. Each year adds a multiplier of 1. Another factor is # of posts, for every 1,000 you gain a multiplier of 1.

Comment

What about when I make thousands of posts that rarely get any likes OR thanks? What does that mean? :)

I would imagine that getting no likes or thanks ever has to be sort of like Kanye West, where I know that I am the best, but no one else thinks so. I should still probably have a super high reputation, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Awesome!
              Where the heck has DSB been? Hmmmmmm ... new account?

Comment

Hey @_kai_: , can we get one of these? :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  What about when I make thousands of posts that rarely get any likes OR thanks? What does that mean? :)

I would imagine that getting no likes or thanks ever has to be sort of like Kanye West, where I know that I am the best, but no one else thinks so. I should still probably have a super high reputation, then.
                  Well with every year that passes, and every 1,000 posts, you'll be upping your reputation factor. So there's that. haha

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Hey @_kai_ , can we get one of these? :)

It's possible to do a dislike button I think, and it is possible to do negative rep but I feel like no need to bring attention to bad posts more than they already bring to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post

I think you answered your own question, "...when I make thousands of posts..."

Just funnin', dontcha know?
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Just wait a couple years until I retire. I'll post 1k times a day and have the most massive rephammer ever. I'll go from post to post, handing out green bars like candy. Everyone will want to be my buddy. You just wait.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                        Just wait a couple years until I retire. I'll post 1k times a day and have the most massive rephammer ever. I'll go from post to post, handing out green bars like candy. Everyone will want to be my buddy. You just wait.

Comment

Note the 'like' and 'thank you' in this message.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

^^^Seriously, how do you do this so fast? Inquiring minds and whatnot

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                              Meh, I already tried it. When it was all said and done ... my rephammer went limp.

Comment

Working...
                              X