Board unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board unavailable

I have been frequently getting a message saying "this board is unavailable" and to try back later. During the whole game tonight it was this way. I am using Explorer and decided to try Google Chrome and that let me in this time. Not sure if it is a browser issue though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: This is the exact message I am getting:

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Appears to be an issue with the board and I/E 9.
    Last edited by Ixiah; December 8, 2011, 12:05 AM. Reason: Listed in post

There is certainly something strange going on here tonight folks.

12 plus pages disappearing in the Game Thread for tonight too.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

The server that hosts the site was doing some maintenance last evening. It should be in the clear now.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        The server that hosts the site was doing some maintenance last evening. It should be in the clear now.
        So does this mean all the posts on all of the threads that were posted to are permanently lost during about a 2-3 hour period? You can see the gap on the Tulsa game thread around post #35 or #36.

Comment

Other threads lost posts during that time period as well, such as the games of interest thread.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The Prouty rating I put in for the game against Tulsa is gone, but the one I put in for the women's game against K-State is still there.

I put the men's rating in probably around 10:15 to 10:30 last night and put the women's in after that.

Comment

Yes, I'm assuming they're gone. There really wouldn't be anyway of getting them back.

Comment

Why in the world is server maintenance done during Prime Time????? If it means losing threads and/or posts, the board should be taken off-line, and it should be done during the early morning hours.

For future reference, full disclosure in advance will help keep the peace.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                  Why in the world is server maintenance done during Prime Time????? If it means losing threads and/or posts, the board should be taken off-line, and it should be done during the early morning hours.

For future reference, full disclosure in advance will help keep the peace.

--'85.
                  I have no control over what time they pick to do server maintenance. This precise type of server maintenance was an upgrade to a brand new server, which should allow for faster load times, and better responsiveness. The company chose our time, and instead of being ungrateful and complaining about the server maintenance timing to them, I just accepted it because the longterm pro's outweighed the short-term con's of the situation.

I can't please everyone, but I stand by how I handled the maintenance update.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    I have no control over what time they pick to do server maintenance. This precise type of server maintenance was an upgrade to a brand new server, which should allow for faster load times, and better responsiveness. The company chose our time, and instead of being ungrateful and complaining about the server maintenance timing to them, I just accepted it because the longterm pro's outweighed the short-term con's of the situation.

I can't please everyone, but I stand by how I handled the maintenance update.
                    I disagree. @_kai_: As much as I love the board, with the good money these people pay to frequent this board and its overly excessive police-state Admin, you should refund EVERY PENNY for the month of December to these good folks.

What? This isn't the BJ Cafe? We don't pay anything? We have the ability, within reason, to discuss?

Well, in that case... I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      I disagree. @_kai_ As much as I love the board, with the good money these people pay to frequent this board and its overly excessive police-state Admin, you should refund EVERY PENNY for the month of December to these good folks.

What? This isn't the BJ Cafe? We don't pay anything? We have the ability, within reason, to discuss?

Well, in that case... I agree with you.
                      Post of the year, at least for me.

+infinity

Comment

Working...
                      X