Maintenance - 12/13/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance - 12/13/2019

If the site has seemed sluggish, it's because I am doing some maintenance behind the scenes. I decided to leave the site up while I was doing it, but it might have caused some lag for some of you.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Ooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Comment

Serious question... do the gifs slow down the site? If they do, I can throttle back. Thought about starting a "favorite gif" thread in the Off-Topic forum, but was concerned it might slow down the website. I have tough skin, so let me know if I need to change my ways. Shockernet humor helps get me through the good times and the bad. Noticed we had a couple of Russian hackers this morning... go Kung Wu!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Serious question... do the gifs slow down the site?
        Not at all! Most of those are just links to external content, so just a little string of text from a web server's perspective. It's the user's browser that actually goes and fetches a gif from whatever server you link them from. If the person is on mobile and you drop a reference to a large image in a post, it might take their mobile device a little longer to download the gif, but in this day and age most devices are on 4G, so the experience with even largish images isn't too bad.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
        X