Skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skins

Something with a light background would be great. Dark background with light text hurts.
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

I'll second that - Feels like a goth board :P

Comment

I'll third that, are there any other formats that could be made available like the old software?

Comment

I can totally understand the want for a lighter colored format, but to say this is way different from the old forum is a bit dramatic. It uses very similar grays. I'll see what I can do to find a lighter skinned forum as an alternative, but I don't think you guys understand the work that goes into skinning something and getting it precisely as ordered.

Thanks for the feedback though.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

For reference:

Comment

I like the dark background, and I agree this is hardly any different than the previous board.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Well, I think there was a minority that used a different color scheme on the old board and they just aren't used to the default "black/grey/gold" version on this new software. I know there was a scheme similar to what mvcfans.com uses on the old SN.

Comment

Ok my friends, I have downloaded, and customized a light skin for you. I didn't put much time into it, so I do not know if there are some glitches, you can report them to me in this thread, and I'll try and get around to changing them. But now you can change what skin you want to use, by going down to the bottom on any page, you will see a drop down menu. Select ShockerNet - Light. Its a light skin.

My wish is always your command :)

Comment

I was going to post this earlier, but I'll do it now. With ShockerNet - Light selected, I can see what I'm typing in the Search textbox or in the Advanced Search textboxes. With ShockerNet - Dark selected, it's almost impossible to tell what I'm typing.

I prefer the Dark background, but in order to see what I typed in the search, I almost have to have the Light background selected.

This is especially true in the Advanced Search. As soon as you click in a textbox, it turns to the same dark gray color as the background. So you basically have black text on a dark gray background. You can only tell what you type after you click outside the textbox which causes it to turns back to a light gray background.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Ok my friends, I have downloaded, and customized a light skin for you. I didn't put much time into it, so I do not know if there are some glitches, you can report them to me in this thread, and I'll try and get around to changing them. But now you can change what skin you want to use, by going down to the bottom on any page, you will see a drop down menu. Select ShockerNet - Light. Its a light skin.

My wish is always your command :)
                    Looks good, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      I was going to post this earlier, but I'll do it now. With ShockerNet - Light selected, I can see what I'm typing in the Search textbox or in the Advanced Search textboxes. With ShockerNet - Dark selected, it's almost impossible to tell what I'm typing.

I prefer the Dark background, but in order to see what I typed in the search, I almost have to have the Light background selected.

This is especially true in the Advanced Search. As soon as you click in a textbox, it turns to the same dark gray color as the background. So you basically have black text on a dark gray background. You can only tell what you type after you click outside the textbox which causes it to turns back to a light gray background.
                      I noticed that too. I'll try and find the single option field out of about 500 that effects that. It's such a pain finding them, it's like a needle in a haystack, especially since I'm just getting used to the admin panel. I'll work on it though.

Comment

One other minor thing. For the dark background, it's hard to see the arrow on the Next and Previous button or the double arrow on the First and Last button. It looks like they're a blue color for both the light and dark backgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          One other minor thing. For the dark background, it's hard to see the arrow on the Next and Previous button or the double arrow on the First and Last button. It looks like they're a blue color for both the light and dark backgrounds.
                          That's another thing I'm having a hard time finding in the ridiculous amount of single customizable areas of the forum.

Comment

I like the light background. At work it will be less obvious I'm wasting time on SN!

Shhhh . . .

Comment

I found the problem with the blue buttons on the next page, they're actually images in the skin. Why the creator of the skin would use dark blue buttons on a gray forum is beyond me. UGH. One more thing to change, I'll do it tomorrow or later this week. I can't spend another second in photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                              X