Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifications

I keep getting "Notifications" that have nothing to do with me. Maybe I misunderstand what "Notifications" covers. Please explain.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    I keep getting "Notifications" that have nothing to do with me. Maybe I misunderstand what "Notifications" covers. Please explain.
    Whenever your posts are Liked or Thanked it's sending notifications. My guess is that you are getting those irritating notifications, but you should be able to tell by reading them. I'll be trying to solve that tomorrow, if that's indeed what you are getting.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Example, notification reads "XXX made a post on your subscription: Asbjorn Midtgaard is a Shocker". Click on it and it takes me to XXX's last post in that topic, nothing to do with me. ???????? Don't think he liked me or quoted me. However, also got a notification when you quoted me. I'm so confused.

Have received other notifications similar to what I got from XXX.
      Last edited by wusphlash; October 16, 2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Thinking it has to do with my user profile. Under notifications there are lots and lots of boxes checked so I am notified. Will uncheck some and see what happens.

Comment

I also get a bunch of notifications saying someone has posted to one of my subscriptions. Not sure what a subscription is or how to manage that.

Comment

Thinking it has to do with my user profile. Under notifications there are lots and lots of boxes checked so I am notified. Will uncheck some and see what happens.
            I did the same. Looks like that should solve that problem (or issue).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I also get a bunch of notifications saying someone has posted to one of my subscriptions. Not sure what a subscription is or how to manage that.
              I think a subscription is any thread you post to or want to "subscribe" to even if you don't post (I know that certainly doesn't apply to you). Click the pull-down menu by your name in the upper right hand corner, settings, notification, and uncheck everything except receiving emails on PMs.

Comment

Example, notification reads "XXX made a post on your subscription: Asbjorn Midtgaard is a Shocker". Click on it and it takes me to XXX's last post in that topic, nothing to do with me. ???????? Don't think he liked me or quoted me. However, also got a notification when you quoted me. I'm so confused.

Have received other notifications similar to what I got from XXX.
                Ah, on the old system it was really easy to accidentally "subscribe" to a thread, but subscribing didnt really do anything. Now its working and updating you when someone posts to a thread you previously accidentally subscribed to. At the top of the thread is a button that shows you are subscribed. Click it and you will be unsubscribed.

Comment

i feel so much better.

Comment

i feel so much better.
                    Do I need to check my sarcasm meter, or did you get your issue resolved? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Do I need to check my sarcasm meter, or did you get your issue resolved? LOL
                      Between revising the "Notification" boxes on my profile and knowing I need to unsubscribe from threads I do feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ah, on the old system it was really easy to accidentally "subscribe" to a thread, but subscribing didnt really do anything. Now its working and updating you when someone posts to a thread you previously accidentally subscribed to. At the top of the thread is a button that shows you are subscribed. Click it and you will be unsubscribed.
                        Thanks @KungWu. I must have had my old settings set to subscribe to any thread I posted to because I apparently have a boatload of subscriptions. It would be nice if on the My Subscriptions page that lists all the threads that you are subscirbed to if there was a "Unsubscirbe All" option. If there is not so such option then I will just unsubscribe individually as I receive notifications.

Comment

It would be nice if on the My Subscriptions page that lists all the threads that you are subscirbed to if there was a "Unsubscirbe All" option. If there is not so such option then I will just unsubscribe individually as I receive notifications.
                          I didn't see one, but I can do it from the Admin. So let's run an experiment. I will do that now, then I want you to send a test message on this thread and see if autosubscribes you.

Comment

I must have had my old settings set to subscribe to any thread I posted to because I apparently have a boatload of subscriptions. It would be nice if on the My Subscriptions page that lists all the threads that you are subscirbed to if there was a "Unsubscirbe All" option. If there is not so such option then I will just unsubscribe individually as I receive notifications.
                            Ugh, it's not clear to me whether I am deleting things that you have subscribed to, or if I am deleting subscriptions that others have made on YOU.

Comment

I will just delete my own and see.

Comment

Working...
                              X