Mobile Shockernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Shockernet

With the amount of smartphones being sold and used, a better mobile experience would be awesome. An easy way to do this is using www.tapatalk.com. Every major phone OS has an app that would use this technology and it's supposed to be super easy to setup and maitain. Thanks for all your hard work keeping the site running.

Go Shocks!!

Thanks, it will have to wait until I upgrade to phpBB3 this summer, but Tapatalk certainly looks like it has potential.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      Thanks, it will have to wait until I upgrade to phpBB3 this summer, but Tapatalk certainly looks like it has potential.
      Greetings!
      Anything ever happen with this? I use tapatalk with a few other message boards, but I don't find Shockernet in the forum repository. I know that SN automatically selects the mobile skin when viewed on my android phone, but it's not nearly as light/fast as tapatalk. vBulletin def runs it

Just wondering.
      Have a good time.
      I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by Wu du Nord View Post
        Greetings!
        Anything ever happen with this? I use tapatalk with a few other message boards, but I don't find Shockernet in the forum repository. I know that SN automatically selects the mobile skin when viewed on my android phone, but it's not nearly as light/fast as tapatalk. vBulletin def runs it

Just wondering.
        Have a good time.
        I no longer run the board, and the new guy, @kai:, has switched the board software to vBulletin. He has it set to detect resolution typical of mobile devices and go to the skin designed for that size screen. Works great on my Evo smartphone.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          I no longer run the board, and the new guy, @kai, has switched the board software to vBulletin. He has it set to detect resolution typical of mobile devices and go to the skin designed for that size screen. Works great on my Evo smartphone.
          Ah, good to know. Thanks for the reply/update. ;-)

I do like vBulletin, so tip of the hat to @kai: for his hard work... and thanks to any and all who shelled out the cash for a license.

The mobile skin works on my phone and looks good to boot. I'll just say that as someone who uses tapatalk for a handful of other message boards, it's super-convenient to keep as many forums as possible in the same place.
          I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

I enjoy tapatalk, but it can sometimes feel clunky. I wanted something ran straight off the server, and not through a 3rd party. I found a skin that is mobile and VB has a setting to detect small resolutions, and it will automatically switch to the mobile skin if your resolution is low enough. I'm pretty sure it will even switch over automatically if you're on a tablet. I was actually impressed with the skin, and how little bandwidth it uses, but at the same time, it looks highly customized.

And yeah, the VB license was pretty expensive, but it was one upgrade I felt I had to do.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

The mobile skin is awesome. The navigation on it kind of sucks but its something i can live with

Comment

Is there any way to make all text black on mobile? Yellow text that is used every now and then is impossible to read.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Is there any way to make all text black on mobile? Yellow text that is used every now and then is impossible to read.
                  I can see if I can darken up the link colors.

Comment

Appreciate it
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

@_kai_:

I keep having an issue on the mobile forum only where ai have viewed all posts, nothing is bild, but yet the Forum shows unread posts.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Happens to me too. It's when there are new posts in 'sticky' threads at the top. The forum will be bold on the front page but when you open it, there are no bold threads and you can only identify the new posts in the sticky threads by time stamp of the last post.

That's what I am seeig at least

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Happens to me too. It's when there are new posts in 'sticky' threads at the top. The forum will be bold on the front page but when you open it, there are no bold threads and you can only identify the new posts in the sticky threads by time stamp of the last post.

I think the sticky's are highlighted. I'll watch.

Comment

When there are issues like this where it's all hinging on cookies, my first suggestion would be to clear cookies and cache on your phone or tablet. The reason i say that is that the mobile site is simply a very stripped down skin. It's simply reading what screen resolution you're using, and if you're on a tablet or phone, it automatically overrides your skin setting, and automatically loads the mobile skin. So there shouldn't be any problem with the actual mobile site, it's most likely on the user's end, ie cookies or cache.

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post

This was the problem for me too. I just look at it sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X