Way too early--senior night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too early--senior night

I know it's way too early, specially considering we don't know what the schedule looks like, but I was told in no uncertain terms, that for her birthday next year (late February), my wife wants to go to the MBB senior night/day game. I'm hoping some of you may have a better idea where the best place for me to start looking would be once the schedule comes out. I know there's always the wait and see if something opens up closer to the date of the game, but I'm afraid if somehow I end up with no tickets (like I did for this year's senior day), I'll have to get used to leaving my car out, so I have a place to sleep in the garage. :(
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

My suggestion would be to look on stubhub early in the season and hope somebody just happens to put up that last game at a reasonable price not realizing the senior night thing.

I have a feeling this game might be more expensive than the undefeated culmination and last year's GameDay adventure.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      I have a feeling this game might be more expensive than the undefeated culmination and last year's GameDay adventure.
      Could be more expensive on its own, but could also be a repeat of both of those events rolled into one.

Not sayin', just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Could be more expensive on its own, but could also be a repeat of both of those events rolled into one.

Not sayin', just sayin'.
        Would be a bigger feat this year IMO considering our non-con schedule. That being said, I hear exactly what you're not sayin'.

Comment

I have a price for EVERYTHING, and I don't know what the price would be for that night.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I have a price for EVERYTHING, and I don't know what the price would be for that night.
            Can you ballpark digits? 5? 6? 7?

Comment

I was actually thinking about my family, and combined what it means to us to be there. I know my children wouldn't trade it for an upgraded home. My wife is actually concerned about her ability to keep it together and has already contemplated not going because of that. I'm a fairly practical guy but I don't think I'd trade an upgraded home for the 4.

I'm as serious as a heart attack when I say I don't think $1M would do it. Maybe if it was REALLY in front of me I would have a different tone, but I honestly don't think so.

I feel confident 2M would get them.

Comment

To me, the ability to go to all rounds of next year's NCAA Tournament is a bigger deal than the senior day/night game. That said, this game will still be important to me. I too have a number, but it isn't as high as Doc, as a significant amount of money for a certain specific purpose would do wonders in my my life. After some reflecting, I think my conversation starts at $25,000 for my tickets.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I was actually thinking about my family, and combined what it means to us to be there. I know my children wouldn't trade it for an upgraded home. My wife is actually concerned about her ability to keep it together and has already contemplated not going because of that. I'm a fairly practical guy but I don't think I'd trade an upgraded home for the 4.

I'm as serious as a heart attack when I say I don't think $1M would do it. Maybe if it was REALLY in front of me I would have a different tone, but I honestly don't think so.

I feel confident 2M would get them.
                  Damn, that's really close to 2 million more than I could afford to offer. lol. I really don't expect any of the ShockerNetters to sell tickets to that game unless there was absolutely no choice,and then I wouldn't expect them to be sold here. I'm just trying to figure out if there are any options as far as places to look, or if stubhub is probably going to be my best option.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    To me, the ability to go to all rounds of next year's NCAA Tournament is a bigger deal than the senior day/night game. That said, this game will still be important to me. I too have a number, but it isn't as high as Doc, as a significant amount of money for a certain specific purpose would do wonders in my my life. After some reflecting, I think my conversation starts at $25,000 for my tickets.
                    \

pm'd

(i'm kidding)
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I have a guy I bought courtside seats for last season's game at $150 per (3rd Row). I may do it again depending on his asking price, but as @WuShock16: stated I'm aiming for the March Madness games. I guess it also depends on who we're playing that day/night. If it's a lower tier Valley team, I'll be more than glad to watch on tv & go MM traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Robant15 View Post
                        I have a guy I bought courtside seats for last season's game at $150 per (3rd Row). I may do it again depending on his asking price, but as @WuShock16 stated I'm aiming for the March Madness games. I guess it also depends on who we're playing that day/night. If it's a lower tier Valley team, I'll be more than glad to watch on tv & go MM traveling.
                        If said seats become available, and you are not looking to purchase them, keep a fellow ShockerNetter in mind. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          If said seats become available, and you are not looking to purchase them, keep a fellow ShockerNetter in mind. :)
                          Will do. Just texted him & he said he'll sell them (once he gets them), maybe we can split the cost & go. He'll only sell the pair. Keep in mind, I'm in Dallas but I drove up through the snow for last season's Senior game. He hooks it up through PayPal & overnights the tickets (hard). I honestly think this guy doesn't go to any of the games but I'm not giving away my kool-aid lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Robant15 View Post
                            Will do. Just texted him & he said he'll sell them (once he gets them), maybe we can split the cost & go. He'll only sell the pair. Keep in mind, I'm in Dallas but I drove up through the snow for last season's Senior game. He hooks it up through PayPal & overnights the tickets (hard). I honestly think this guy doesn't go to any of the games but I'm not giving away my kool-aid lol.
                            While that does sound like fun, I do believe that if I went and left the wife at home, I'd find the locks changed and a sleeping bag in the front yard when I got home. lol

Comment

Hahaha. I hear you.

Comment

Working...
                              X