Pat Caddell, Democrat, is not a happy camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Caddell, Democrat, is not a happy camper

Based on comments I have heard Caddell make and based on what he has written recently, I can’t say I’m surprised but…..

Democratic operative Pat Caddell is unloading on the White House, saying he’s had enough with the president whose “hypocrisy” on campaign finance “is just mind-blowing.”

President Obama has made a point while campaigning to call out conservative-leaning groups for hurting the integrity of elections by not voluntarily disclosing donors. Caddell says Obama has no room to talk.

“My problem with Obama started the day he blew up public financing of presidential campaigns,” Caddell said in an interview with The Daily Caller. “He’s the man whose done the most to destroy whatever integrity there was in campaign financing.”
    Continuing on…

The administration’s attacks, Caddell said, on groups like the Chamber of Commerce and donors like the conservative Koch brothers reek of McCarthyism.“I was the youngest person on Richard Nixon’s enemies list. I take this stuff seriously. What they’re doing is Nixonian – it’s McCarthyite,” he said.

Caddell, who has worked for a number of presidential campaigns, including Joe Biden’s in 1988, said making outside money an election issue is a risky strategy for the Democrats. “You’re 21 days out from an election and this is what you’ve got? That’s it? Nothing about jobs or the economy?”
    Yeah, that’s all they’ve got. Sorry. Caddell’s assessment of the Obama staff is harsh but fairly accurate as far as it goes:

Caddell also took a swing at Obama’s inner circle.

“These are naive idiots who’ve come out of academia and have never done anything real in their lives, and they are actually in power,” he said. “These are the people we never let in the room when we had serious business to do. Now they’re running the country.”
    Actually, I think the biggest problem is not the staff. The one who came out of academia and who had not done much that was “real” (other than write books about himself and get elected) before coming to the White House is the President. That’s who has been leading, to paraphrase Caddell, McCarthy-like attacks. That’s who’s got nothing to offer on the economy and jobs. Granted, Obama is surrounded by political “hacks” who lack real-world experience, but he put them there, and he’s shown himself to be sorely lacking in know-how and judgment when it comes to everything from the Middle East to “shovel-ready” jobs (that apparently the President just realized don’t exist).

The Democrats’ finger-pointing and recriminations are only getting started and it could get really ugly. (Reminds me of the McCain campaign, which started blaming Sarah Palin before the election.) There will be plenty of blame to go around. But ultimately, Obama is head of his party as well as president. Whether he likes it or not he will own what is likely to be an electoral debacle.

But if it makes any of our liberal/progressive friends feel any better Caddell thinks Republican’s are idiots too when it comes to politics.

Pat Caddell, furious over ‘hypocrites’ in the White House, unloads on Obama

I respect Caddell as he seems to be fairly honest about things. I've seen him on Beck and other shows and can disagree without being disagreeable. I definitely don't agree with the man on many topics but I enjoy hearing him put forth his side. And I always respect a man who can attack his own side.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As long as you're on the outside looking in, implosions can be entertaining.

Sit back and grab the popcorn.

Comment

Working...
      X