X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallup says unemployment at 10.1%

Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment at 10.1% in September
    Underemployment, at 18.8%, is up from 18.6% at the end of August

PRINCETON, NJ -- Unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, increased to 10.1% in September -- up sharply from 9.3% in August and 8.9% in July. Much of this increase came during the second half of the month -- the unemployment rate was 9.4% in mid-September -- and therefore is unlikely to be picked up in the government's unemployment report on Friday.

Unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, increased to 10.1% in September -- up sharply from 9.3% in August and 8.9% in July. Much of this increase came during the second half of the month and therefore is unlikely to be picked up in the government's unemployment report on Friday.

Time for another stimulus :roll: .

Comment

Best economy under Carteresque type administration (read incompetent).

Now where is our next Reagan?

Comment

From the New York Times:

The economy shed 95,000 nonfarm jobs in September, the Labor Department reported Friday, with most of the decline the result of the layoffs by local governments and of temporary decennial Census workers.

The steep drop was far worse than economists had been predicting. Most estimates expected a loss of only a few thousand jobs.

While total government jobs fell by 159,000, private sector companies added 64,000 jobs last month. The unemployment rate, which measures the percentage of workers who are actively looking for but unable to find jobs, stayed flat at 9.6 percent.
        Cuts in Government Led U.S. Economy to Lose 95,000 Jobs

With continued reports like this, Obama’s ludicrous rhetoric (”Recovery Summer”) and economic stewardship will be a millstone around the neck of every Democrat on the ballot three weeks from Tuesday. Today’s awful economic news will silence even the most deluded spinners that the Democrats have abated their electoral slide. It goes without saying that many of them are going to lose. And those that survive will not owe anything to this Whitehouse or Democratic leadership.

Personally, I have been cautiously optimistic about the GOP taking over both the Senate and the House; however, you can’t spin news like this. That magical bump the Democrats were said to be getting (which I think was largely a creation of the media’s desire for a “horserace”) won’t materialize. In fact it is very possible, that individual GOP candidates’ momentum will accelerate putting more races into play.

Comment

The next Reagan may never appear because the Dems will fabricate a jaywalking warning ticket for that candidate on their 13th birthday and will use the media to shame them into withdrawing from the race.

Comment

I love how a GOP candidate can be crucified for talking about witchcraft when she was in her teens, however the President of the United States is given a 100% pass for shooting smack.

You tell me who the bigots are.

God Bless America.

Comment

I am hearing that unemployment will be at an announced 10% on election day.

Hopefully, that will seal the deal.

Comment

I heard today that a big number will be released by the government on Nov. 5.

Will this data be released by the Ministry of Truth and Transparency?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  I love how a GOP candidate can be crucified for talking about witchcraft when she was in her teens, however the President of the United States is given a 100% pass for shooting smack.

You tell me who the bigots are.

God Bless America.
                  where has it beeen reported or verified that the president ever took heroin. I haven't heard that one?
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I think its more like 15%. Alot of people dont file for unemployment.

Comment

Working...
                    X