Koran Burning and Kansas Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koran Burning and Kansas Connection

A small church in Florida has declared Saturday as burn a Koran day. So many people surprised that a Christian church would do this and claim they lack discernment (I would say they lack much more than that).

But as I investigated what this church true profession of faith was and their legitimacy I ran into this golden nugget that explained it all:

Today was a historical day! People who did not know each other with nothing in common but the word of God marching in unity and putting the kingdom first, ahead of everything else! What can be more important than saving people from hell? We must stand on the truth, the word of God instead on finding reasons why we cannot be in unity! Yes we can! We can obey God and save people from going to hell!
    they were teaming up with the Phelp cult from Topeka in protesting in Florida.

Westboro Baptist Church began its Gainesville tour at the Trinity United Methodist Church, followed by a stop at the UF Hillel. They then went across town to Queen of Peace Catholic Church before rounding out the day at St. Augustine Catholic Church.

Phelps-Roper, whose father, Fred, is the pastor of Westboro Baptist Church, said the city is made up of rebels against God who are sprinting toward destruction.
    Unfortunately, the way the media and our government has responded has just embolden them.

About 10 members of the Westboro Baptist Church protested the sins of Gainesville while hundreds of counter-protesters danced in costumes to promote love.

Welcome to Equipment Pundits, the USA’s leading marketplace for buying and selling new and used heavy machinery: agricultural, forestry, mining, industrial & construction equipment. With over 100,000 listings, we offer the most comprehensive selection of heavy equipment for sale in the United States

The likely outcome of this is that they will attract a number of militant types that really, really hate fundamental Islam. In the process they will distance themselves from "mainstream" Christianity, just as the Phelps clan has.

I suspect Saturday will come, they will get some publicity this weekend, then their time in the spotlight will end.

Or at least we can hope that's how it plays out.

Comment

In the same exact way that the Ground Zero Mosque is being built, you could say this about the Koran burners:

Yes, it's legal but is it appropriate?

Comment

A Florida pastor who called off a Quran burning said late Thursday he would "rethink our position" after a Muslim leader said the minister incorrectly announced that the proposed Islamic center near New York's ground zero would be moved as part of a deal.

Florida pastor calls off the koran burning. The Phelps cult is pissed.

But the bigger thing that nobody seems to get is the hypocrisy of it all. Muslims who are offended at the threat of burning the koran go out and start burning bibles and flags. But I guess that is all good for the religion of peace.

Comment

One of those angry at a Florida preacher’s plans to mark Sept. 11 by setting fire to copies of the Qur’an is Shirley Phelps Roper, a leader of the Westboro Baptist Church.

While she joins Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Gen. David Petraeus, the White House, Afghan President Hamid Karzai and many more, Phelps-Roper, Fred Phelps’ lawyer daughter, is hardly a voice for religious tolerance.

Her irritation Wednesday was not that the Rev. Terry Jones and his Dove World Outreach Center’s planned bonfire would offend Muslims worldwide and probably increase the danger to American soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It’s that in 2008 she and her father’s Topeka flock set fire to a Qur’an in plain view on a Washington, D.C., street and nobody seemed to care.

“We did it a long time before this guy,” Phelps-Roper said by telephone from a street corner in downtown Chicago, scene of the latest Westboro picket — against Jews this time, not gays.
          Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/08...#ixzz0z5JXCN4B

Comment

I found it intriguing that the President had no problem commenting on the wisdom of burning the books, yet would not comment on the wisdom of building the mosque.

It is no secret I am not a fan of the President's policies. However, as my leader, I wish he would act more like the leader of MY country and the free world and less like a whining, petty, blame everyone but himself, fund raising campaigner.

You're the President, Mr. Obama. Act like it.

Comment

dateline June 18, 2007

After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City. Christians in Gaza City have issued an appeal to the
              international community and a plea for protection against the increased attacks by Muslim extremists.

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.

Gunmen used the roof of the school during the fighting, and the convent was "desecrated," Mussalem told the AP.

"Nothing happens by mistake these days," he said.

Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                dateline June 18, 2007

After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City. Christians in Gaza City have issued an appeal to the
                international community and a plea for protection against the increased attacks by Muslim extremists.

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.

Gunmen used the roof of the school during the fighting, and the convent was "desecrated," Mussalem told the AP.

"Nothing happens by mistake these days," he said.

Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.
                But they did it to a Christian church so it's all good. There's nothing wrong with that in the eyes of the world because they know it won't cause Christians to go around killing innocent people and blowing up Islamic holy sites.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                X