What Happened to the Lockerbie Bomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to the Lockerbie Bomber

Perhaps like many Americans, while I was outraged the Scots allowed this terrorist to go free, I assumed this man went home to die.

It now seems there are going to be a lot more questions than answers.

At the time, I remember thinking that the conviction was suspect and there certainly was a chance they had the wrong guy.

Now it seems possible that the guy might not have been ill. Was he released out of compassion, guilt or in an attempt to repair relations with the Muslim world?

If it turns out this was a "deal" in some way, there better be hell to pay. At this point, it seems we should start by tracking this guy down and finding out why he's not complying with the order and if he is really sick.

I also realize hindsight is always 20/20 but did we, the United States, really not have anything in our bank that could have prevented this if we really wanted to? I just find it hard to believe that if we really, really didn't want this guy to go free that we didn't do just that, and I am not talking about anything military. I am just saying, our "deal" making isn't better than whatever they offered? Really?

Again, I look forward to learning more here.

And now I'm hearing that the U.S. was two-faced in dealing with this "deal". On one hand, Obama told Americans that he strongly opposed the release but in reality, he and Hillary Clinton really didn't do everything they could have to prevent it.

Don't underestimate the power that BP has in Obama's camp. It seems that we gave a wink and a nod to the Scots via diplomatic back channels and then acted all PO'd in front of the cameras.

Apparently the U.S. government is blocking the release of two documents which would show that the Obama Administration knew well in advance of the prisoners release and was not 'shocked' by the news. A Congressional committee was set to investigate the early release of the convicted man but will probably stop now until after the mid-term elections because of the contradiction (lie) perpetrated by the U.S. Government via Obama, Clinton and AG Holder. The Committee is led by 4 Democrats.

Comment

Working...
    X