Daily Calller: Journalists plotted to protect Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Calller: Journalists plotted to protect Obama

A group of liberal journalists in 2008 sought to sweep under the rug the Rev. Jeremiah Wright scandal that threatened to derail then-Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign, according to documents obtained by The Daily Caller...
    Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent pressed his fellow journalists to deflect attention from Obama's relationship with Wright by shifting topics to one of Obama's conservative critics, the Daily Caller reported.

"Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares – and call them racists," Ackerman wrote.
    As a Journalism grad, this crap sickens me more than just about anything. You have to expect politicians to be politicians but you must have an honest, unencumbered and fearless 4th Branch of the Government to look out for the folks.

Things have not been going well for the Lib's since the NAACP went after the Tea Party as being "racist".

In that time the USDA's Shirley Sherrod has resigned over actual racist remarks to the NAACP, and now this Journolist revelation clearly showing Liberals use of the race card for political means.

Which proves to me to that there is not wide-spread, institutional racism in this country... outside of the secular progressive movement.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

This is, of course, not surprising. But in fairness, it appears that a lot of the comments/scheming, etc. come from people who write for magazines like The Nation and Mother Jones. Those publications are hard Left and, frankly, they have no duty to report the news neutrally. Which is fine by me, at least I know where they are coming from.

That said, I think this does effectively demonstrate how unhinged the Left became after the Democrats suffered losses at the ballot box in the early to mid 2000s. And it also effectively reveals how some on the Left, when their backs are against the wall, will quickly resort to using race as get out of jail free card – to attempt to cut-off debate. It is sad. It is despicable. It is cowardly. It can be destructive. And it is certainly not post-racial. Besides in President Obama’s case it is simply absurd. Would conservatives be opposing Obama's policies as vehemently if a white president were enacting them? The answer is obviously yes.

Comment

A helpful guide:

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
        X