Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White House mandates free tests - who pays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House mandates free tests - who pays?

Where in the constitution does it say that the President can force someone to give away their product or service?

I take it you didn't read the article.

Those that pay the premiums will pay. From the article:

The rules stipulate that no co-payments can be charged for tests and screenings recommended by the United States Preventive Services Task Force, an independent panel of scientific experts. The rules apply to new health plans that begin coverage after Sept. 23 and to existing health plans that make significant changes after that date. The administration said the requirements could increase premiums by 1.5 percent, on average.
    Also, even though they might get a free test, they'll still have to pay for any drugs to treat any conditions found during their free screening.

Comment

IT'S NOT FLIPPING FREE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for playing '79. Yes, I did read it, hence the question(s).

Let's delve into this a little deeper.

So isn't this the government forcing us to pay?
        Aren't those typically called taxes?
        Will only those with incomes over $250,000 have to pay higher premiums?

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
          Thanks for playing '79. Yes, I did read it, hence the question(s).

Let's delve into this a little deeper.

So isn't this the government forcing us to pay?
          Aren't those typically called taxes?
          Will only those with incomes over $250,000 have to pay higher premiums?
          Let me try........

1)Yes, they are. Let me be clear now, not doctors, mind you, but politicians are now dictating care.

2)Not amongst this regime. Let me be clear, this is "fair" and "just" and the will of the people. Hope and change baby.

3)No, but let me be clear. Those over $250,000 will FINALLY have to pay their fair share. Being the group that pays more than 50% of the income tax, while representing less than 2% of the populace, it is clear they haven't been shouldering the load to date.

But finally, let me be clear. While your taxes may go up, I said income taxes, and clearly these will be one of the many other taxes that are going to be raised.

Anyway, let me be clear one last time, it's all Bush's fault anyway. President Obama has personally created millions of jobs, ahead of schedule and has saved thousands if not millions of lives. Since Christ, there has not been a more successful leader.

Comment

There sure are a lot of medical experts in that article. I wonder how many of them studied and or practiced medicine?

I am curious what kind of medical training Kathleen Sebelius has obtained? I am sure she has spent countless years in the public sector, treating patients and so forth.

Comment

Dear Health Care Journos, There’s Nothing Free about ObamaCare

The Obama administration announced yesterday its plans for implementing ObamaCare’s mandate that consumers purchase first-dollar coverage for preventive services. The press release reads (emphasis added):

Administration Announces Regulations Requiring New Health Insurance Plans to Provide Free Preventive Care

Of course the administration would emphasize that consumers will pay nothing for these services at the moment of service, and elide the fact that this mandate will increase their health insurance premiums. The administration’s use of the word “free” is what we call spin.

What’s surprising–and more than a little disappointing–is that journalists and headline writers at major media organizations would repeat the administration’s spin, as if the government really is giving away free stuff:

•New York Times: “Health Plans Must Provide Some Tests at No Cost…free coverage…free screenings…free preventive services…”
              •Los Angeles Times: “Healthcare law offers preventive care at no cost”
              •Politico: “New rules: Free preventive care…free under new federal guidelines.”
              •Reuters: “Healthcare overhaul mandates free preventive care…no extra cost to consumers…Medicare patients will have access to free prevention services…”
              •Wall Street Journal: “White House Unveils Free Preventative Services…services that will be free to consumers…free preventive care…free preventive care…”

Each use of “free” and “no cost” in these excerpts is false, even within its original context. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. Everything has a cost. No government can change that. Mandating that insurers cover certain services does not magically make them free. Consumers still pay, just in the form of higher health insurance premiums and lower wages.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Unless Republicans take both houses of Congress, Obama flips a 180 and goes Clintontonian, He's a guaranteed 1 term president.

The problem I see is that BHO becomes so easy to defeat, that the opportunity to promote Conservative principles will be lost. You get some RINO president and you can forget about overturning all these progressive programs that are being enacted.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                  Unless Republicans take both houses of Congress, Obama flips a 180 and goes Clintontonian, He's a guaranteed 1 term president.

The problem I see is that BHO becomes so easy to defeat, that the opportunity to promote Conservative principles will be lost. You get some RINO president and you can forget about overturning all these progressive programs that are being enacted.
                  I have the same fear. I'm already seeing signs in the Big 1st race of moderates/RINOs using the "conservative" label to describe themselves.

Comment

Obamacare has lots of provisions for "helping" us through life (LOL)!....Like the new national database which will keep track of all of our BMI's, reported to by our physicians....It won't be long and a prospective employee could be filtered out of a possible job, if the employer looks at his BMI on this national database and concludes that the prospect is over-weight or obese.

Big Brother will be watching YOU,...MORE!

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
                      Obamacare has lots of provisions for "helping" us through life (LOL)!....Like the new national database which will keep track of all of our BMI's, reported to by our physicians....It won't be long and a prospective employee could be filtered out of a possible job, if the employer looks at his BMI on this national database and concludes that the prospect is over-weight or obese.

An employer can already choose not to hire a person if they're overweight. The only thing they can't do is not hire them because of race, national origin, religion, disability, and age.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                        Originally posted by shockall

An employer can already choose not to hire a person if they're overweight. The only thing they can't do is not hire them because of race, national origin, religion, disability, and age.
                        Not the point......the point is that he won't even have to wait to interview you before he throws your name out of contention because he will be able to see your BMI beforehand. And unless you're stick-man skinny, your BMI number may appear high, whether it's fat or muscle.

Comment

Whether employers get that data or not isn't that big of a deal, no one is hiring anyway, except for the government. Everyone is sitting on their doorstep every morning, waiting for the Obama Work Detail Shuttle to come pick them up and deliver them to their work site for the day.

It's the government who desperately needs to know your BMI. How else will the bureaucrat assigned to determine the value of your life and the health care you will receive do his job?

Comment

Working...
                          X