Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone watch Glenn Beck?

Thoughts?

I do sometimes. What have I missed? I've only been watching the Founders Friday shows lately.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well, I'm just amazed the guy is still alive. I can see how people might may fun of him or write him off as a kook but he throws a lot of facts out there and nobody seems to dispute what he's saying as false.

That scares the hell out of me because what if he's right about all of this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
        Well, I'm just amazed the guy is still alive. I can see how people might may fun of him or write him off as a kook but he throws a lot of facts out there and nobody seems to dispute what he's saying as false.

That scares the hell out of me because what if he's right about all of this stuff?
        What got me today was when he was talking about the oil catastrophe. Said that while the Government has imposed the 6mo moratorium on deep sea drilling, the obama admin. has "loaned" $2 billion to Brazil for exploratory drilling in deeper water than the bp rig was drilling. Furthermore, george soros(sp?) who is advising obama on this mess, has a $9 million interest in this Brazilian oil company.

I sure am glad I pay taxes so we can "loan" money to overseas companies with investors who guide our national policy. W-T-F!!!!!
        That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

George Soros is little more than a traitor and enemy of the state.

And he's the wealthiest ass buddy of the President.

Oh no...wait....it's Bush's fault, I almost forgot.

Comment

I have never watched Glenn Beck’s show (although I have seen clips, read a Newsweek profile, and listened to him on other shows from time to time). From what I have read about him, I know a lot of people on the Right as well as the Left wring their hands about Glenn Beck. Based upon what I have seen and read, I don't so much. While he can be bombastic and over the top rhetorically, what makes his populism palatable to me (and I'm not a big fan of populism) is that, from what I have seen, he's fundamentally a libertarian populist. He's not clamoring for the government to do more, he's clamoring for the government to do less. And that's the safest kind of populism there is. Meanwhile, he's been absolutely fearless in going after stories and trends that even the rest of the “conservative” media have ignored.

What I find striking is that if Beck were of the Left, taking down (or helping to take down) Bush appointees - with the same bombast and success - he would be hailed as the living reincarnation of the great Muckrakers of yore. He'd be the working man's I. F. Stone, the TV heir to Michael Moore (which is a good thing to the Left). If he explored the roots and idea animating conservatism the way he has with progressivism, he would be a vital service to the education of the nation. And because a left-wing Beck would have to be working at MSNBC, you could be sure that the gang over there would be foursquare behind him.

Comment

Good points Maggie. I do like Beck. He seems to do his research and I've actually seen him make corrections when he's ended up being or saying something wrong. That earned him plenty of respect from me. I'm not one that believes everything he says blindly but he does make me think and I've looked into some of the things he's said to verify for myself and he seems to be on top of a lot of things. And the fact that nobody denies or brings evidence to show what he says is wrong makes me tend to believe much of what he says.

I also like that he's a big proponent of less gov't. Of allowing the people to help themselves and eachother and keeping gov't out of our lives. If nothing else, he makes me think and look into things and has since I saw him when he was working for CNN.

I've gotten a little burned out on politics and have tried to dial it back a bit and haven't been watching him as much but have made an effort to record the Founders Friday shows he's been doing. I've learned a little about some of them and a lot about others.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Like Maggie, I've only seen clips. The Liberty movement (the grassroots that came together through the Ron Paul 2008 campaign) isn't sure how to take Beck. Just when you think he's "on your side" he'll completely ambush a guest on his show and demonize them. There are some who think he is controlled opposition. I don't know.

What I like about Beck is that he is open to changing his views and is willing to deal with subjects that others wouldn't touch. From what I understand he's only recently (last couple of years) begun to call himself libertarian, which tells me that his politics are evolving. That is a breath of fresh air from the current, predictable on-air personalities who seem to be getting their talking points from "above". Ok, maybe Rush doesn't fit, other than being predictable because his politics are entrenched, which has its positives and negatives.

Fox could have something special with Beck and Andrew Napolitano. Liberty (and resistance of the establishment) has not seen such mainstream popularity in my lifetime.

Comment

I think he articulates a Traditional/Conservative/Libertarian viewpoint as well as anyone on television right now, and that's where it counts.

He can be dramatic, but he is persuasive.

Check out some of his clips on YouTube.

Roots of Social Justice
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

I like him because he's a good history teacher and another thing that amazes me is how far away we've gotten from founding principles...I don't think this is on purpose...again scary.

I don't hear anyone saying or teaching the things he is and his information is based on facts for the most part. Including clips of what people have actually said in context. Why doesn't anyone else provide this information? I think people need to know.

Comment

You can tell how close Beck is to the raw truth by the vicious and numerous personal attacks foisted upon him by the liberal kooks trying to tear this nation down.

What do you suppose George Soros or Rahm Emanuel think of him? How about Jeannine Garafolo?

During the rare times I watch him I often wonder if he checks the brake lines on his car before he goes home.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                        ........ George Soros or Rahm Emanuel...... Jeanine Garafolo?

Name three things that are less intelligent, smell worse and are less attractive than the deuce I just dropped?

Comment

Working...
                        X