2009 Referendum on Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Referendum on Obama

McDonnel (R) wins the VA Governiship over Deeds (D)

The spinmeisters will say a lot but they can't say the President wasn't personally invested in the Democratic candidate.

Question is, why would our POST-PARTISAN President be concerned with a partisan win?

Comment

Here are some exit poll results on whether voters voted because of support or opposition to Obama.

Virginia
      Support - 18%
      Oppose - 24%
      Not A Factor - 56%

New Jersey
      Support - 20%
      Oppose - 19%
      Not A Factor - 60%

Comment

So voters are largely ignoring "The One"? The most transformational, inspirational, motivational, magical, mystical, mythical and just plain cool dude President since Abraham Lincoln. Ignored?

In Virginia last year, Obama carried very liberal Fairfax County by 20 points. Tonight, McConnell split it evenly with the incumbent Democrat.

Comment

Upset in NJ

Chris Christie defeats incumbent Democratic Governor Corzine

Comment

The race in NY23 between the darkhorse Conservative Party candidate and the Democrat incumbent is still being called "too close to call" with 77% reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
              The race in NY23 between the darkhorse Conservative Party candidate and the Democrat incumbent is still being called "too close to call" with 77% reporting.
              I think it's going to end up going the way of Owens. Regardless, Hoffman put up an OUTSTANDING fight, with almost everything stacked against him.

I hope I am wrong, though.

Comment

Owens is currently ahead of Hoffman by around 3%, but most of the outlying areas are Hoffman areas according to reports.

But all this could be moot since New York's 23rd district will most likely be eliminated in the redistricting in 2010.

Comment

Fox News and MSNBC both project Owens to win New York's 23rd Congressional District.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                    Fox News and MSNBC both project Owens to win New York's 23rd Congressional District.
                    Kinda surprising, expected Hoffman to win. Most Dem strategists wanted Hoffman to win to scare Moderates. 8)

U.S. HOUSE:
                    _California Lt. Gov. John Garamendi easily defeated his Republican opponent, attorney David Harmer, in a special election for a Northern California congressional seat.
                    • Democrat Bill Owens won a special election for a rural New York congressional seat that Republicans had held for decades. Some prominent Republicans, including former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, had backed Conservative Doug Hoffman. The hand-picked GOP candidate, state Assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava, withdrew from the race and threw her support to Owens.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Hoffman concedes.

Regardless, it was an amazing run and I really like the guy, I'm definitely going to keep my eye on him the future.

Comment

The race might not be over yet!

Comment

They are currently recounting the votes!

Basically: they discovered errors that were made, Hoffman now trails by 3,000 votes. There are 10,000 absentee votes (most of them military) that are yet to be counted... this could get reversed!

Comment

Wait until the Black Panthers show up to "help" count the remaining votes.

Ironic part is that the DNC rushed their guys' swearing in so that Nancy could count on his vote in the healthcare vote.
                            There was one other race (Calif?) where they did the same thing, in effect icing the deal on the reform vote late that Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                              They are currently recounting the votes!

Basically: they discovered errors that were made, Hoffman now trails by 3,000 votes. There are 10,000 absentee votes (most of them military) that are yet to be counted... this could get reversed!
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X