• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Economy grows in 3Q, signals end of recession

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Originally posted by kcshocker11
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091029/..._fi/us_economy

The economy grew at a 3.5 percent pace in the third quarter, the best showing in two years, fueled by government-supported spending on cars and homes.
    The Commerce Department's report Thursday delivered the strongest signal yet that the economy entered a new, though fragile, phase of recovery and that the worst recession since the 1930s has ended.
    Lots of encouraging news in this report. Now lets free up credit and put more people back to work! 8)

Oh, hell yes! Let's borrow some more money, we're not deep enough just yet.

Let's make sure we are speaking with facts. 2 HUGE government slush funds fueled the 3rd quarter growth, 1 of which is over, and both of which are financial disasters.

And the jump in GDP is at 3.5 at a yearly pace, not just in the quarter....if they wanted to be really truthful they'd say 0.875 for the quarter instead of extrapolating the number forward for a year.

The so called stimulus package has done and will do NOTHING long term for the economy that is positive. It certainly has massively expanded the size of government, but that has nothing to do with growing the economy.

When you are capable of grasping that concept, you might be able to move on to more difficult challenges.

Doc I like to start with the most difficult challenges! Why else would I engage in meaningless dialogue with your conservative friends and you. 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'm guessing the posts following Doc's hit too close to home for you to comment upon. If you had a leg to stand on, I suppose you would have had something to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
        I'm guessing the posts following Doc's hit too close to home for you to comment upon. If you had a leg to stand on, I suppose you would have had something to say.
        I already said it. Why waste my time? Thats why I usually dont respond to your posts. 8)
        I must admit I do enjoy reading Doc's! 8) 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I already said it. Why waste my time? Thats why I usually dont respond to your posts. 8)
          I give up, are you Lloyd or Harry? :D

SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yab9f...eature=related
            "Kick His A$$ Seabass!"
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

S-A-M-S-O-N-I-T-E...

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yab9f...eature=related
                I dont know which one do you prefer being? Your choice! :D 8)

Comment

Working...
                X