Pres Want To Raise Concession Prices In CKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
    What people don't seem to accept is that we are all on the Titanic, and it doesn't matter who hit the iceberg. Every decision and warning that was overlooked by everyone put us where we are and there aren't enough lifeboats for everyone.
    Why I not into name calling!

What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists, is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents.
    Robert Kennedy
    Why we are not on the Titanic!

There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?
    Robert Kennedy
    Why so far I am impressed with our President!

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
    Robert Kennedy

And to answer the unwritten question, there is no need to attempt a feeble wording of how I feel when others have come to the same thoughts so gracefully! 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I didn't call anyone a name, but questioned the way EVERYONE is looking at the problem.I don't have the answers, but while EVERYONE is convinced that the answer is on their side of the aisle only, I can guarantee they will not find the RIGHT course.

You are right about the Titanic. Many states are not operating in the red.We are not borrowing money at an alarming rate or printing money at an alarming rate. We are not spending Billions in 2 countries across the world while we can't pay the bills here. We are not trying to get everyone healthcare with the Govt trying to run it. We are all fine, not laid off or flat out of a job, the states are paying all their unemployment on time with no delays. Social Security has enough money to cover everyone who has paid into it when they retire. By the way, still trying to figure out how those on the Titanic could have been saved by asking "why not"?

We (America as a whole, not libs and cons, not rich and poor, not caucasion or not caucasion) have a problem. I'm not convinced anyone in Washington who hasn't been hit in any way other than their re election fund understand what is going on.

I guarantee you none of their paychecks have been delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
        I didn't call anyone a name, but questioned the way EVERYONE is looking at the problem.I don't have the answers, but while EVERYONE is convinced that the answer is on their side of the aisle only, I can guarantee they will not find the RIGHT course.

You are right about the Titanic. Many states are not operating in the red.We are not borrowing money at an alarming rate or printing money at an alarming rate. We are not spending Billions in 2 countries across the world while we can't pay the bills here. We are not trying to get everyone healthcare with the Govt trying to run it. We are all fine, not laid off or flat out of a job, the states are paying all their unemployment on time with no delays. Social Security has enough money to cover everyone who has paid into it when they retire. By the way, still trying to figure out how those on the Titanic could have been saved by asking "why not"?

We (America as a whole, not libs and cons, not rich and poor, not caucasion or not caucasion) have a problem. I'm not convinced anyone in Washington who hasn't been hit in any way other than their re election fund understand what is going on.

I guarantee you none of their paychecks have been delayed.
        Well - this is a swell way to start off a Monday morning. ;-)

Comment

I think most (not all) on this site don't have a problem with an additional tax put on soft drinks. In lays the problem, why is it we need a new tax? The American people are taxed way to much as it is. What we need is more control of spending in Washington.

The secondary issue is, tax the soft drinks because Americans are to fat. What's next, short people have to pay a new tax because Washington wants to spend more money?

I think we should have a pet tax! I don't own a pet, but they sure can make a mess around my neighborhood.

The point is, when is more taxing enough?

When is spending money you don't have enough?

Finally, why does government have to fix all the woes of the American people?

Comment

I heard one Dem statesman state that this tax would only be placed on non-diet soda beverages. .....now,... how in the heck are they going to police this in fast food restaurants where you are given a cup to fill yourself.....Sounds like another politician engaging his mouth before his brain has been put in gear!

The restaurants will be forced to add additional tax to all beverages, diet or regular.

Comment

Take note, both my parents are in their upper 80's, they saw hard times, Depression, WW2, Cold War, McCarthism, Korea, Vietnam,assasinations, and the violent and revolutionary sixties, and yet the USA has survived all and will continue too.

As far as taxes go, I believe people know they must pay taxes, but when you add Fed, state, city,personal prop, real estate, sales, excise, estate etc it just overwhelms.

I like Frances system 19.5% period!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The highest taxes in a number of states are already being pushed over 50% and they continue to want to add more. I don't care how much money you make, the gov't shouldn't be allowed to take that much from you. Until our gov't can learn to spend wisely and stop borrowing so much money and stop printing so much money we will continue to struggle as a country. More taxes don't solve anything and only hurt the people. This is getting ridiculous.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                  Take note, both my parents are in their upper 80's, they saw hard times, Depression, WW2, Cold War, McCarthism, Korea, Vietnam,assasinations, and the violent and revolutionary sixties, and yet the USA has survived all and will continue too.

As far as taxes go, I believe people know they must pay taxes, but when you add Fed, state, city,personal prop, real estate, sales, excise, estate etc it just overwhelms.

Are you advocating a “flat tax”? ;-)

By the way, I think the overall individual tax liability, based upon conversations with friends of mine who live in Paris (and are French citizens), in France is a little bit higher than 20%.

Comment

It is all the new government bearocracies that are wasting a lot of money. All the extra staff and expenses do add up.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie

By the way, I think the overall individual tax liability, based upon conversations with friends of mine who live in Paris (and are French citizens), in France is a little bit higher than 20%.

Just got back in August from 2 months there. Friends of mine in Caen who own a resataurant bar told me the total was 19.5% and said it was due to go down.

Flat tax no a comsumption tax is more like it. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie

Just got back in August from 2 months there. Friends of mine in Caen who own a resataurant bar told me the total was 19.5% and said it was due to go down.

Flat tax no a comsumption tax is more like it. 8)
                        By a consumption tax you are referring to a value added tax, correct? Would you replace the income tax with such a system? Just curious.

Also, when you mention a 19.5% tax in France – what exactly are you referencing? There is an enormous amount of taxation in France that directly or indirectly affects the individual.

Comment

Working...
                        X