Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Edward Kennedy - Rest In Peace

I wish him and his family God's peace.

While you might not agree with his politics, and I didn't agree with alot of his, it truly does symbolize the end to an era in American politics. RIP.

Comment

The one thing I remember is his eulogy that he gave at his brother's funeral.

Ted Kennedy delivering the closing part of the eulogy at the funeral of his brother Bobby, using excerpts from Bobby's famous speech to the students of a Sou...

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
        The one thing I remember is his eulogy that he gave at his brother's funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9JTYnMpRyg
        Yeah, that was my initial thought. It is one thing to not speak ill of the recently departed but you should also be honest about the life lead.

Many of us have siblings, and many of us love them dearly. Many of us find the thought of losing them horrific; to lose two to assassin's bullets would drive many men, understandably, off the deep end. From some stories of Kennedy's behavior in the years immediately after, perhaps he did, or sought to drown the pain with drink. Disagree with the man for his legislation, deplore the man for his personal behavior and political tactics, but I for one have always saved a little room for some sympathy, too; I would never want to walk in his shoes.

Comment

The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall never die.
          Edward Kennedy
          RIP! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :cry:
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

No matter how far off I thought he was politically, this is never a good thing. RIP
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X