Las Vegas Terror Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Terror Attack

So far reporting at least 20 dead,100wounded at the Mandalay Bay resort. It not clear if it is domestic terror or ISIS lone wolf.

Terrible.

Shooter id'd as Stephen Paddock, a 64 year old resident of Mesquite, Nevada - he was killed in a shootout in his hotel room on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay. They have apprehended the old gal he was traveling with as well.

Death toll now over 50 with over 200 wounded.

Comment

I have a running friend whose husband is a Vegas SWAT commander, I am apprehensive to checkout Facebook. My thoughts & prayers for everyone. More senselessness.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Unbelievable.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Number of injured now up to 356. Highest casualty toll in a mass shooting in U.S. history.

There are reports he was shooting from the window of his 32nd floor room - that is really high up. Evidently he killed himself as the cops blew open the door to his room.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Number of injured now up to 356. Highest casualty toll in a mass shooting in U.S. history.

There are reports he was shooting from the window of his 32nd floor room - that is really high up. Evidently he killed himself as the cops blew open the door to his room.

This article says 50 dead and 406 injured
            now.

Comment

Killed himself before police could do it.

Comment

Unreal. How could anyone ever do something like this? I feel sick.

Comment

ISIS claiming responsibility. Would seem counter to the information we've already heard, but there's still a lot of information to be released.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

That sure sounds like an automatic rifle(s) in the audio clips. Did this guy modify these himself or procure them from the black market? This is an unsettling capacity for destruction for one person.

Comment

Sounds like a bump stock-equipped rifle. The inconsistent rate of auto fire is the indication of such. They're a legal (for now) work-around of the automatic firearm laws. We're certain to hear more about them now.

AR's aren't my interest, expertise, or hobby, but I have a brother-in-law for which they are, so I get to hear/talk about them fairly ad nauseum.

EDIT: My guess could be totally wrong too.
                      Last edited by SHOCKvalue; October 2, 2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Sounds like a bump stock-equipped rifle. The inconsistent rate of auto fire is the indication of such. They're a legal (for now) work-around of the automatic firearm laws. We're certain to hear more about them now.

AR's aren't my interest, expertise, or hobby, but I have a brother-in-law for which they are, so I get to hear/talk about them fairly ad nauseum.
                        Thanks for the info - I will have to read up on this. My mind is blown that there are legal iterations out there which can fire at that rate.

I have enjoyed bird hunting since I was 7 years old. The growing fetishization of these type of firearms over the last couple decades frustrates and saddens me. The baby will likely get thrown out with the bathwater eventually.

Comment

They make an AR full-auto effectively, not mechanically, which I'm sure is why they get around the regulations. Your finger is still actuating the trigger for each round, just far faster than a person could repeatedly pull a trigger.

Comment

FBI says that the investigation so far indicates no ties to ISIS or any other organization. Also toll up to 58 wounded and 514 injured. Truly horrific and disgusting.

Comment

Sheesh... if you're an FBI profiler charged with rooting out guys like this before they blow up, you just have to throw up your hands, call it a day, and go have a beer somewhere.

Dude was early retired, had a $400K home on a golf course, a private pilots license and two planes, and college-educated with F500 type corporate gigs. How do you even... ?

Comment

Working...
                              X