Australian cafe charges "man tax"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian cafe charges "man tax"

A new café in Melbourne, Australia is charging men an 18 percent premium that staff are calling "the man tax" to "reflect the gender pay gap."

A chalkboard outside of the café explains the policy:

"Handsome Her is a space by women, for women. House Rules:

Rule #1: Women have priority seating.

Rule #2: Men will be charged an 18% premium to reflect the gender pay gap (2016) which is donated to a women's service.

Rule #3: Respect goes both ways."
    What do you want to bet that 18% is the same misunderstood number that gets floated here in the states year after year?

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    http://freebeacon.com/culture/new-ca...rs-gender-tax/

What do you want to bet that 18% is the same misunderstood number that gets floated here in the states year after year?
    I'm willing to bet that is exactly the case. Western feminism will never take the time to look at the actual reasons accounting for the gap. It's not about egalitarianism, it's all about supremacy with them. All while ignoring actual oppressive places like the Middle East that have the patriarchal boogeymen societies that abuse women. I hope no self-respecting Aussie man will step foot in this place, but you just know there will be.

Comment

Rule #4: Check your man-card at the door, just for entering an establishment called "Handsome Her".

Comment

Nm
        Last edited by ShockerPrez; August 8, 2017, 04:03 PM.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

No idea where the 18% came from. The actual number in Australia is 16% difference between full time working men and full time working women. There's a disclaimer in the Australian study that says it shouldn't be taken as a wage gap because it doesn't take into account the following:

Years of service, hours worked, level of education, or differences in position. When all four of those are taken into account, studies show the actual difference to be between -6 and +1%.

Let's suppose the actual difference is -6%. Why on earth would one suppose that the reason is patriarchy? Aren't there several other variables that could be taken into consideration?
          Livin the dream

Comment

I'd gladly pay the 18% if the chicks were hot, I was single, and I had a great chance at getting laid.

Oh yes it's ladies night, and the feelings right!
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

What do tranny's pay?
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                What do tranny's pay?
                their pay is more fluid.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  What do tranny's pay?
                  I've been saying for years that you're better off with a hot looking tranny that takes estrogen then an ugly disgusting female that takes testosterone. Enough said.
                  "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    I'd gladly pay the 18% if the chicks were hot, I was single, and I had a great chance at getting laid.

Oh yes it's ladies night, and the feelings right!

Comment

If people can read that memo that the google guy wrote and get angry enough to fire him, explaining the "wage gap" to them is hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                      X